• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Can I get some input on my results?

Well I am sure everyone knows how complex this is. I have been reading threads in this forum and wanted to get some input. It seems like some people lean more towards yasko, and others to their own studies (Valentijn). I would appreciate all and any ideas!

Just to let you know what I am dealing with, blood test came back low normal B12 levels, and vitamin D level at 39.

I bought sulfur test strips to test my urine in the morning and usually have levels over 1000, although when I take lithium orotate (Doctor's best), it oddly goes down to 600-800. Before I cut sulfur out of my diet, I was regularly getting 1600 levels, and I felt baaaaaad.

Here are my results:

Homozygous:
BHMT-02 TT
BHMT-04 CC
BHMT-08 TT

Heterozygous:
COMT V158M AG
COMT H62H CT
VDR bsm CT
VDR Taq AG
MTHFR C677T AG
MTRR A66G AG
MTRR R415T CT
CBS A360A AG

I guess my biggest concern is the MTHFR, but to be honest there could be other implications that I do not know about.

I really appreciate any help I can get. I think the work that the regulars do here is exemplary and I am grateful for this resource. Thanks!

Valentijn

Homozygous:
BHMT-02 TT
BHMT-04 CC
BHMT-08 TT
CBS C699T

Heterozygous:
COMT V158M AG
COMT H62H CT
VDR bsm CT
VDR Taq AG
MTHFR C677T AG
MTRR A66G AG
MTRR R415T CT
CBS A360A AG
I've crossed out the SNPs which don't have any research supporting their relevance to gene function, and added in one which is reported backwards..

The good news is that BHMT-08 is reported backwards by Yasko, and the rarer version which you have is actually more beneficial.

The bad news is that the risk for CBS C699T is also reported backwards, and you have the slower version, which can result in elevated homocysteine. But thanks to your little BHMT-08 upregulation, it's possible that's balancing out. But some B6 might help out.

VDR suggests that you're a bit slow at producing some neurotransmitters, and COMT that you're a bit slow breaking them down. At most, this might indicated a limited tolerance for methyl groups, such as from methylfolate or methylB12. Because your vitamin D is (I think?) on the low end, supplementing vitamin D may be helpful in speeding up VDR a bit, but that also might cause neurotransmitters to get higher than is comfortable.

MTHFR C677T indicates that your folate production is at about 65% of normal. Methylfolate supplementation is probably needed.

The MTRR results suggest you might need some B12. Due to possible limited tolerance for methyl groups, hydroxoB12 might be safer.

SUMMARY:
Supplementing methylfolate is strongly indicated, and some B6, hydroxoB12, and Vitamin D might also help.

Bluebell

Val, so is my +/+ ba-hut-mut-ate-tee-tee (BHMT8 TT) really a -/- these days?

My chart just gets greener and greener! :alien:

===
Tarigal, hey, no fair - you have got your own emoticon! :balanced:
:)

This is one I quite like, but to my mind, she's not a 'ninja', she's not in a burka --
she's in a balaclava in the wintertime in a lovely village in the Alps, about to go eat raclette with a handsome 34 year old local ski instructor, and feeling cozy indeed. :ninja:

Well, a little unpopular emoticon can dream, can't she? :p

Valentijn

Val, so is my +/+ ba-hut-mut-ate-tee-tee (BHMT8 TT) really a -/- these days?
Yeah, T is associated with higher folate and B12, thus CC is associated with increased risk. (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002929709000974 and the supplemental data downloadable at the end of the article).
This is one I quite like, but to my mind, she's not a 'ninja', she's not in a burka --
she's in a balaclava in the wintertime in a lovely village in the Alps, about to go eat raclette with a handsome 34 year old local ski instructor, and feeling cozy indeed. :ninja:
:rolleyes: