• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Until Fri August 2nd: your donation matched for IiME UK Rituximab trial

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Donations matched up to total of £1,000:

http://www.justgiving.com/onedayonepound

This usually goes to their general fund but for this week it's for the Rituximab trial - so ignore their total raised, that includes everything they've raised over the last couple of years.

Donate any amount, not just £1! E.g. you donate £20, another £20 is donated by the matcher.

Thanks, that generous matching person! :thumbsup:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Wow, money's pouring in - £194 + a mystery sum already - just in a few hours! :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Bump! :cool:

Wish I'd made a note of what that fundraising page total was before they started this matching week - but I think it started around £2,600 or so and they've got about £300 in the matching period so far so another £700 to go before the matching funds are used up - let's get donating!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Bump!

Only two and a half days to go - still about £650ish, I think, left in matching funds - good time to donate and double your money!

:angel:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Wow, big surge - someone just dropped £300 on this! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Several smaller donations (well, anything's smaller by that standard!) have also jacked up the total.

On one of the FB pages about this it says, 'The matching period has raised £930.25 so far, £319.75 left to go over the next two days if we are to reach the matching total' but I think that includes gift aid - so they've raised around £750 with about £250 in matching funds still available, I think. Could be wrong. Anyway, clearly there's more in the pot, so donate and double your money!

Kate_UK

Several smaller donations (well, anything's smaller by that standard!) have also jacked up the total.

Every little makes a difference, if everyone with ME in the UK gave a pound we'd be there in no time.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Every little makes a difference, if everyone with ME in the UK gave a pound we'd be there in no time.

Couldn't agree more - if everyone with ME in the UK gave two pounds, that trial would already be fully funded!

I think giving £1 is a very powerful thing to do. I think most people's careers in fundraising and advocacy start with a small action and build up and that there's a huge psychological gulf to cross in taking even a small first step. Those £1 donations represent something very big.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Bump!

More donations rolling in, last day - I reckon they've got somewhere in the region of £100-£150 matching funds left (really wish I'd noted the total on that page before they started this matching week with the matching £1,000 available!).

Donate, Brits! Your country needs you! And overseas donations also welcome, naturally. :cool:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
FB message from Paul Kayes an hour ago:

Okay lovely people it's the last day of the matching donation period for the U.K. Rituximab Trial - £1133.25 has been donated so far leaving a balance of just £116.75 so to avoid disappointment please donate soon.​