• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Deborah Waroff interviews Dr. Vince Lombardi: ME/CFS Alert, Episode 48 Part 1

snowathlete

Wow, they have a model for turning on the HERV production (in the lab, I'm guessing) that may be what is happening in ME/CFS patients. That's a big step if this whole area turns out to be a significant step.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I'm afraid I couldn't hear Dr Lombardi properly - looking forward to a summary somewhere!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Did they say too much or too little dentritic cell on ME???

Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cells in the Duodenum of Individuals Diagnosed with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Are Uniquely Immunoreactive to Antibodies to Human Endogenous Retroviral Proteins

Dr. Lombardi: "In the ME patients we found more (Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cells) in the gut than in the controls but we also found that they were expressing endogenous retroviruses whereas they weren't in the controls."