• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

EBV TOO???

Ok I have a posted a few time before and for some reason I though just my HHV-6 IgG was high 1:1280 but looking at the rest of the "abnormal summary" here are the results. Can someone shed some light on the EBV part? Also will the Valcyte help with the EBV too(if the results below suggest something active)Thanks.

EBV-VCA,IGG -------423.0 Normal <18.0
EBV-NUCLEAR ANTIGEN,IgG------->600 Normal 18.00

Thanks.

SOC

Ok I have a posted a few time before and for some reason I though just my HHV-6 IgG was high 1:1280 but looking at the rest of the "abnormal summary" here are the results. Can someone shed some light on the EBV part? Also will the Valcyte help with the EBV too(if the results below suggest something active)Thanks.

EBV-VCA,IGG -------423.0
EBV-NUCLEAR ANTIGEN,IgG------->600

Thanks.

Do you have the normal ranges for your tests?

It's not unusual to have both EBV and HHV-6 active in ME/CFS.

Thanks very much. I have the normal ranges at home(in office) and will post later. Was not sure even though these are very high(abnormal) if those tests I listed indicate active infection.

Just added the normal ranges in my first post. Again, this could be an non-active form of EBV correct? What indicated active or inactive

Seven7

Seven
I was told my HH6v reactivated my EBV (I has hh6v first then one year or so got EBV)

SOC

Just added the normal ranges in my first post. Again, this could be an non-active form of EBV correct? What indicated active or inactive

It's never that clear. Titres that much out of range in an ME/CFS patient, or any other immune compromised patient, is extremely likely to be indicative of a chronic infection.

Ema's link to Holtorf should be helpful in understanding the issues (and confusion) about herpesvirus titres.