• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

High Prolactin Causes Severe Fatigue.

Ema

A Chinese herbal formula (Liu Wei Di Huang Wan - Blend of
  • Rehmannia Root, Asiatic Dogwood Fruit,
  • Tree Peony Root Bark, Chinese Yam Rhizome,
  • Polyporus Sclerotium, Alisma Rhizome.
Rou Gui - This appears to be cassia, or cinnamon
Yin Yang Huo - Horny Goat Weed
Huang Qi - Astragalus
Interesting how so many of those are also consider adrenal adaptogens. This all must be related to the failing and recovering of my adrenals somehow. Where is that fix-all hormonal pill when you need it!
Ema

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Here's another. Non-injectable oral liquid GHRP2 .....

http://www.antiaging-systems.com/252-ghrp-2

It must be new to their product line of peptides. I've ordered some other stuff from them before so I atleast I know they are reliable. Pretty darn expensive though!

Rand
Im just really uncertain of anything taken by mouth that supposedly increases growth hormone as previous info i have read has mentioned many of these things are just broken down in the gut. gh peptides i have read that are effective have all been injectable. Antiaging systems are reliable and have a few good products but your right in that they are expensive.

Rand56

Im just really uncertain of anything taken by mouth that supposedly increases growth hormone as previous info i have read has mentioned many of these things are just broken down in the gut. gh peptides i have read that are effective have all been injectable. Antiaging systems are reliable and have a few good products but your right in that they are expensive.

That's good to know about it not being effective taken orally. Do you think that would also apply to the other peptides anti aging systems sells or do you think it's mainly just for GH?

Rand

anne_likes_red

heapsreal, as threatened - further notes ;)
This was from a podcast a couple of years back. I can't even remember who was interviewed but took notes when prolactin came up for discussion and NK cells! Cites not provided for any of this...so take it FWIW I guess. Maybe helpful??
*Prolactin "spillover" into daytime occurs when melatonin production is compromised or delayed. Most common cause is exposure to artificial light after sundown, or otherwise shortened nights.
*Prolactin secretion at night (dependant on melatonin level) means more and stronger NK and T cells.
*Prolactin secretion through the day (a result of insufficient melatonin & prolactin at night) leads to low morning cortisol, leptin resistance, fatigue, reduced immune function, low dopamine..

heapsreal

heapsreal, as threatened - further notes ;)
This was from a podcast a couple of years back. I can't even remember who was interviewed but took notes when prolactin came up for discussion and NK cells! Cites not provided for any of this...so take it FWIW I guess. Maybe helpful??
*Prolactin "spillover" into daytime occurs when melatonin production is compromised or delayed. Most common cause is exposure to artificial light after sundown, or otherwise shortened nights.
*Prolactin secretion at night (dependant on melatonin level) means more and stronger NK and T cells.
*Prolactin secretion through the day (a result of insufficient melatonin & prolactin at night) leads to low morning cortisol, leptin resistance, fatigue, reduced immune function, low dopamine..

Anne did u ever try the cycloset??

anne_likes_red

heapsreal, no I didn't. If it had been more readily available I might have. My GP was away for 4 months last year when I was interested in it, and I think he's the only person I could have possibly persuaded to prescribe it.
(Meanwhile I was doing really well anyway, with circadian light therapy, restoring leptin and insulin sensitivity...that kind of thing...a la JKruse.)

Ema

I got a script for the Cycloset today. Of course, it has to have insurance pre approval so that will be a whole other problem before I get the pills in my hot little hands. But step 1 accomplished! I'm excited to give it a try...

Ema

heapsreal

I got a script for the Cycloset today. Of course, it has to have insurance pre approval so that will be a whole other problem before I get the pills in my hot little hands. But step 1 accomplished! I'm excited to give it a try...

Ema
i know cycloset is .6mg bromocriptine, where normal bromocriptine is 2.5mg. From what i have read though cycloset is supposedly faster absorbing/acting. do u know much more about it then that? I know cyclo is alot more expensive and i wonder if just starting at a 1/4 of a 2.5mg bromocriptine would be just as effective??? I just wonder what the difference is??

Ema

i know cycloset is .6mg bromocriptine, where normal bromocriptine is 2.5mg. From what i have read though cycloset is supposedly faster absorbing/acting. do u know much more about it then that? I know cyclo is alot more expensive and i wonder if just starting at a 1/4 of a 2.5mg bromocriptine would be just as effective??? I just wonder what the difference is??
It's supposed to be more bioavailable too. 70% vs 28% or something like that.

I have no idea if it really makes a difference or not.

Ema

anne_likes_red

The people taking Cycloset per Kruse's instructions were taking it immediately upon rising, stimulating a rise in cortisol. I guess if it was slower acting it might not trigger this rise as effectively.

Many people found what what they did in the am (including getting morning light first thing, sufficient protein etc) did seem to have a marked effect on the 24hr rhythms.
Then of course it's what you don't do in the evening that counts towards not stuffing that up. I.E. no (or significantly limited) blue light, or insulin spikes.

Ema - has your doctor advised a schedule for taking Cycloset? Best of luck with it! :)

Asklipia

The problem I see with Cycloset is that it is BROMOcriptine.
All halogens are supposed to compete with Iodine. But most probably your doctor has taken this into consideration.
Best of luck!

Ema

The people taking Cycloset per Kruse's instructions were taking it immediately upon rising, stimulating a rise in cortisol. I guess if it was slower acting it might not trigger this rise as effectively.

Many people found what what they did in the am (including getting morning light first thing, sufficient protein etc) did seem to have a marked effect on the 24hr rhythms.
Then of course it's what you don't do in the evening that counts towards not stuffing that up. I.E. no (or significantly limited) blue light, or insulin spikes.

Ema - has your doctor advised a schedule for taking Cycloset? Best of luck with it! :)
Just what the mfg instructions say...to take it within two hours of waking with food. I'm supposed to increase slowly and test my prolactin before each increase.

Ema

vli

In case anyone's interested, I just started cabergoline today (no I haven't had my prolactin tested). i will report if i feel anything different.

Ema

I found this on a diabetes forum:

"I use Cycloset primarily because it lowers insulin resistance and insulin resisitance itself is a cardiovascular risk factor. Anecdotally, it works best in conjunction with a GLP-1 agonist, but I combine it with every drug used to treat diabetes, depending on the patient. I'd like to use it a lot more but the titration can be difficult. It's best taken with food to decrease side effects and you need to emphasize to the patient NOT to take it after the 2 hour window after getting up for the day. If they forget it, just skip it til the next day. Also beware, some pharmacies are substituting bromocriptine, generic, which does not work! It has to be the quick release Cycloset in order to reduce brain insulin resistance by increasing dopamine levels in a quick spike. Most patients DON'T get nauseated, but if they do, they can slow down the titration and increase by another pill after they've become quite tolerant of the current dose. They don't necessarily need to get up to the full 6 pills (at one time) a day."

I got the pills today...and they say not to take with Probenecid. Of course they do. So now I'm scared again. I wonder if I can just not take it on infusion days? Does it matter to go on and off abruptly?

Ema

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
If it spikes the cortisol early in the a.m., then it is following the circadian curve. Could also help some that are having sleep problems because the extra cortisol induced by the spike might cause drop in the cortisol later in the evening as it should just like your true circadian cycle does.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
In the states you can get the test from "PrivateMDLabs.com" for $44.95. Their doctor just rights an order and faxes to closet Lapcorp or the one you tell them you want to go to. Usually you will get results back in 3 days, but some test require more time. I believe you get 15% of it it's your first order.

heapsreal

I would like to know if anyone has used both cycloset and normal bromocriptine and can compare the differences. Maybe paranoya but i wonder if its just another way to patent an old medication as a new one??