• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ARTICLE -- “The Real Me is Returning” | Lyme Disease & the Gerson Therapy

Wayne

I just read this relatively short article on one man's successful treatment of his Lyme Disease. It's always encouraging to read improvement stories like this:

“The Real Me is Returning” | Lyme Disease & the Gerson Therapy

My name is James and I’m here to share a Gerson Therapy story concerning my recovery from Lyme disease.
A couple years ago I would not have had the strength or desire to stand up to tell my story. But now that I’m well on my way to a Gerson recovery, it’s important for me to pay it forward and make a difference in someone else’s quality of life. I’m simply a local volunteer with nothing to gain from sharing my story but perhaps some good karma.
I want to help educate others who do not have cancer but would benefit from the Gerson Therapy. The Gerson Therapy is perhaps best known as a cancer treatment, but can also help people like me, who suffer from chronic, non-malignant diseases.

Read more here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ema

How many of us have $2400 to spend on a juicer? Or $11,000 for 2 weeks in their Gerson clinic which is strongly recommended?

I'm all for healthy eating but I think bacterial infections need antibiotics not enemas. Who knew I was just putting the coffee in the wrong end!

Ema

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Four enemas a day! Is that good for the bowels?
There must be juicers available for less than $2400.

golden

Great thread thanks.

I was never going to touch another antibiotic in my life anyway. It took me many years on daily antibiotics to learn this. The damage they did to me was bad. Its good to know different ways.

:)

Lala

Great thread thanks.

I was never going to touch another antibiotic in my life anyway. It took me many years on daily antibiotics to learn this. The damage they did to me was bad. Its good to know different ways.

:)

What damage did antibiotics to you?

golden

Definately tinnitus and a pityful ongoing traumatic candida overgrowth right through my teenage years. Doctor did write in my notes 'appalling thrush ' however when i questioned the antibiotics as the cause she gave a knee jerk reaction and said it was my fault. (as she smiled and wrote out more anti-biotic prescriptions)

This prevented me helping myself for a further few years. It was the anti biotics caused this.

I didn't die from Anti -biotics, I am grateful for that.

But there were a lot of symptoms which also could be from them or the M.E. I had most of these too :

For the Consumer
Applies to minocycline: oral and topical kit, oral capsule, oral tablet, oral tablet extended release

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction while taking minocycline (the active ingredient contained in Minocin) hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
stomach cramps, diarrhea that is watery or bloody;
flu symptoms, sores in your mouth and throat;
pale or yellowed skin, weakness, dark colored urine, unusual bleeding (nose, mouth, vagina, or rectum), purple or red pinpoint spots under your skin;
fever, skin rash, bruising, severe tingling or numbness, muscle weakness,
upper stomach pain, loss of appetite, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
Read more at http://www.drugs.com/sfx/minocin-side-effects.html#zAZLZDVVifSpZEIp.9

golden

p.s. and side effects are wildly unreported.

My side effects were never reported. They were brushed off as my fault.

I noted in A&E too a youngish girl just a few years ago. She had a hair line rash and breathing difficulties frok starting her anti-biotic course. Her mother told me she had never experienced anything like this before, and yet she was being told my medics that it was a panic attack and all in her head and on and on it goes...

Enid

Lyme - one of many suspected whether initial or latent, overcoming/crashing the immune system in the light of findings seems common to very many viral/bacterial infections. Is this the one and only - I doubt, but very happy to hear of treatment that improves.

Lou

I'm all for healthy eating but I think bacterial infections need antibiotics not enemas.

Ema

Hi Ema,

I don't know good or bad about enema replacement, but there are a significant number of Lyme sufferers that would disagree that their bodies' need antibiotics. A host of them believe quite the opposite, that antibiotics made them worse in the long run.

Ema

Hi Ema,

I don't know good or bad about enema replacement, but there are a significant number of Lyme sufferers that would disagree that their bodies' need antibiotics. A host of them believe quite the opposite, that antibiotics made them worse in the long run.
I would agree that there are WAY too many doctors keeping patients on antibiotics for too long. I think one should see improvement within the first 3-6 months and if not, then I would try another antibiotic. The stories of people on antibiotics for 5+ years and no better make me cringe. Clearly that was NOT the right antibiotic or better yet, combination of antibiotics.

But I still hold my position that serious bacterial infections require the *right* antibiotic (and some herbals are still antibiotics) and not enemas! I don't believe it was the antibiotic in most cases that caused the most damage but rather the unchecked bacterial infection and collateral cytokine/inflammatory damage.

Ema

garcia

Aristocrat Extraordinaire

Question wasn't directed to me, but I'll add my two penneth in anyway.
I have a chronic C. Diff infection from taking long term antibiotics which flares every time I take any further antibiotics. Also (more worryingly) due to the range of antibiotics I took, I now have a drug resistant helicobacter infection which has given me a stomach ulcer. Antibiotics can provide wonderful relief at first, but they are definitely a double-edged sword.

Wayne

Question wasn't directed to me, but I'll add my two penneth in anyway.
I have a chronic C. Diff infection from taking long term antibiotics which flares every time I take any further antibiotics. Also (more worryingly) due to the range of antibiotics I took, I now have a drug resistant helicobacter infection which has given me a stomach ulcer. Antibiotics can provide wonderful relief at first, but they are definitely a double-edged sword.

Thanks for sharing your experience Garcia. I read a book many years ago by a naturopathic doctor. In it, he mentioned that the onset of chronic long-term health issues in his clients almost all always started after taking one or more rounds of antibiotics. --- It's not only long-term use of Abx that can be problematic, but relatively short-term as well.

Did anyone able to contact James C about what he has done exactly to recover? How long was the therapy for?

douglasmich

I am starting this therapy soon.

You dont need a 2400 juicer. Get a used champion juicer and buy or make a hydraulic press. Will cost less then 500 bucks in total.

I used to think this gerson therapy was pure bullshit for so many years. Then i actaully read into gersons theories and really beleive in alot of it. He was very far ahead of his time ! I also met a lady in my town who recovered from terminal melonoma, and i beleive the gerson clinic in hungary is run by 2 people who cured melanoma on the therapy.

You dont need to go to a damn clinic. And its so expensive because its a hospital.

To do the therapy you need 800-1200 a month for organic produce. And a champion juicer. few supplements and you are good to go.

I will be starting soon, and i will update in 6 month intervals.

By the way, coffee enemas are great. I know the science is not good, but i cannot tolerate oral coffee at all, but a coffee enema can clear up a herx at any time.

Gerson was using them because when the tumours broke down their overburdened the liver and sometimes killed the patient (modern oncologist know this with high dose chemo). He added the coffee enema which stimulated the bile ducts quickly to clear to toxic tumour tissue. It was a great act of trial and error with 30 years of clinical experience. Far aheead of his time.