• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What would you like Ryan Prior to ask famous geneticist Dr Ron Davis for his ME documentary film?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Latest on Ryan's Blue Ribbon documentary filming:

https://www.facebook.com/CFSDocumentary/posts/604156942948498

Tomorrow [Tuesday 22 July] we are excited to interview Ron Davis, PhD, the Stanford geneticist who helped found the field of genomics in 1980 and later laid the foundations for the Human Genome Project. Now he's devoting his time to studying the genetic side of ME/CFS, on behalf of his son, who has a severe case of this disease. What should we ask Dr. Davis and his family?​

Tell Ryan - not here where he probably won't see it, but on his Facebook page!

Several questions on there already, take a look...

Snow Leopard

Hibernating
Tell Ryan - not here where he probably won't see it, but on his Facebook page!
Several questions on there already, take a look...

Hi Sasha, I don't use Facebook for personal reasons, however I would like it if someone could forward my message on. The one thing I'd like to hear from researchers is their personal story, connection and motivation to do research on ME/CFS and how that may differ from other illnesses. I would like to hear what kind of advice they would give to young researchers who may be interested in ME/CFS, but may be running into difficulties getting an opportunity to get started (eg due to lack of funding opportunities, lack of local research capacity etc).

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Hi Sasha, I don't use Facebook for personal reasons, however I would like it if someone could forward my message on. The one thing I'd like to hear from researchers is their personal story, connection and motivation to do research on ME/CFS and how that may differ from other illnesses. I would like to hear what kind of advice they would give to young researchers who may be interested in ME/CFS, but may be running into difficulties getting an opportunity to get started (eg due to lack of funding opportunities, lack of local research capacity etc).

Those are good questions.

It is a bit of a pity that this has to be done by Facebook but there you go!

Can anyone here post Snow's question?

Firestormm

Those are good questions.

It is a bit of a pity that this has to be done by Facebook but there you go!

Can anyone here post Snow's question?

The following question has been asked:

Why aren't more scientists interested in studying M.E. and how can we get the science community more interested in this disease? Thanks!

If you still want me to ask your question, Snow, I don't mind :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
The following question has been asked:

If you still want me to ask your question, Snow, I don't mind :)

I think Snow's question is more specific and has some extra bits - I think it would be good if you could repost it if you're able - thanks! :thumbsup: It's a good question (well, several questions!).