• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

DMSA chelation and candida

My daugher is 18 and has CFS. She has a history of candida, but we have that under control. Her doctor wants to treat her with oral DMSA to chelate metals. My daughter is very sensitive to supplements and meds. Will DMSA (being a sulpher compound) cause candida to come back?
Also, I've read that EDTA suppositories are more effective than oral DMSA. Does anyone know if EDTA suppositories are safe for sensitive CFS people? Thanks!

Lotus97

I've heard sulfur mentioned with candida before, but I never found an explanation. Does it feed candida or something?

sregan

My daugher is 18 and has CFS. She has a history of candida, but we have that under control. Her doctor wants to treat her with oral DMSA to chelate metals. My daughter is very sensitive to supplements and meds. Will DMSA (being a sulpher compound) cause candida to come back?
Also, I've read that EDTA suppositories are more effective than oral DMSA. Does anyone know if EDTA suppositories are safe for sensitive CFS people? Thanks!

What are you chelating for? EDTA is not effective for Mercury, for example, where DMSA is. I've read that yeast should be under control before DMSA is used.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Just be very cautious with DMSA. It is very hard for some of us to handle. Doctors often don't realize how sensitive many of us are. Has your daughter had a heavy metals test to see what her levels are?

Sushi