• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sulfur/Ammonia and mutations

I am new to this forum and I just recieved more mutations from my sons 23andme test results. I already knew he was A1298 and C677T heterozygous. I have been supplementing him with 5MTHF, MB12 for a year. He's also been on folinic acid for 6 months and notice a little more language. His other mutations are CBS ++, COMT++, NOS ++ and BHMT +|-. My son has PDD-NOS. I noticed his developmental delays at 4 months old. My concern right now is that he still has quite a bit of language delay that I thought would be better by now. His receptive language is pretty good. I know that with these mutations I will have to be careful with sulfur and ammonia. I just got his neurotransmitter test back last week and everything was off the charts. I'm wondering if he is having trouble with too many methyl donors. I'm in the process of getting a Amino Acid test and OAT test done. He does so well with eye contact and wanting attention, but he will not focus very long, does a lot of repetetive things and seems anxious a lot. He also will only eat mushy foods. Any thoughts/advice? Thank you in advance!

Valentijn

I am new to this forum and I just recieved more mutations from my sons 23andme test results. I already knew he was A1298 and C677T heterozygous. I have been supplementing him with 5MTHF, MB12 for a year. He's also been on folinic acid for 6 months and notice a little more language. His other mutations are CBS ++, COMT++, NOS ++ and BHMT +|-. My son has PDD-NOS. I noticed his developmental delays at 4 months old. My concern right now is that he still has quite a bit of language delay that I thought would be better by now. His receptive language is pretty good. I know that with these mutations I will have to be careful with sulfur and ammonia. I just got his neurotransmitter test back last week and everything was off the charts. I'm wondering if he is having trouble with too many methyl donors. I'm in the process of getting a Amino Acid test and OAT test done. He does so well with eye contact and wanting attention, but he will not focus very long, does a lot of repetetive things and seems anxious a lot. He also will only eat mushy foods. Any thoughts/advice? Thank you in advance!
How much methylB12 is he on? It can mess up potassium levels quite a bit, and you didn't mention any MTRR abnormalities. HydroxoB12 is a safer alternative if he still needs the B12, but not necessarily methylB12: no potassium issues and no methyl issues from it.

He is on .5ml subcutaneous injections. I was giving every 3 days, but for the past 9 months it's been every day or every other. He eats at least one banana a day and an avocado. He was heterozygous on a couple MTRR. I was thinking hydroxy 12 too after reading some of Dr. Yasko's work. Is it ok to do hydroxy b12 oral or should I get the shots? Thank you so much for your reply!