• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Frogg Toggs Chilly Pad

Mij

I bought one on ebay after reading all the rave reviews, including people with MS. I haven't received it yet but I'm looking forward to it. Not expensive so I thought I would give it a go.

I have A/C but sometimes the coldness makes me feel too chilled so I'm hoping to feel cooler with this chilly pad. Gosh I could get out more in the hot weather if this thing works!

Anyone have one?

This looks like something I might benefit from. I can't stand A/C nor can I stand being too warm without out. I am looking forward to hearing what people think about it, if they have one.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Seems similar to my cooling vest, though the vest has gel ribs and you freeze it. The vest is really for use outdoors and it makes a huge difference.

Sushi

Mij

Sushi,

What kind of vest do you have? I've seen some online but they are quite expensive.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Sushi,

What kind of vest do you have? I've seen some online but they are quite expensive.

Yes, they are expensive. A local friend has tested different ones and also negotiated discounts for patients with chronic illnesses. Here is a link: http://activemsers.org/gear/testcoolingvests.html

I have had the ArcticHeat vest for about 5 years. It is still in perfect shape and makes summer much easier. I'd probably choose the one that the MS site rates as the top if I were to buy one now. But my vest still makes the difference between being able to go outside in the heat and staying in.

Sushi

Mij

I got my Frogg Togg. It stays nice and cool on the skin but it certainly won't save me from 28C + heat! It's better than a regular cloth.

I'll wear it in the kitchen while I'm cooking and to rub it across my skin for relief.