• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Anatabloc - any info?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I had no idea what it is so googled it, below is a copy and paste.

Anatabloc® leverages the body’s natural process for regulating its own inflammation using anatabine, a naturally-occuring compound found in some plants, combined with Vitamin A and D3 to help the body to avoid excessive creation of inflammation. Pre-clinical studies have shown that this combination inhibits pro-inflammatory pathways, thereby helping maintain lower levels of inflammation.
Anatabine is a naturally-occurring alkaloid, found in eggplant, peppers, green tomatoes, potatoes, and a variety of other plants and vegetables in the Solanaceae family. Anatabloc® stimulates a natural body process to promote a healthy inflammatory response.

What is Anatabloc®?
Anatabloc® is a supplement that contains 1 milligram of anatabine base, 500 units of Vitamin A and 40 units of Vitamin D3 in a single tablet
http://anatabloc.com/how-anatabloc-works/

perchance dreamer

Someone on the Immunesupport.com fibro message board is having huge success with this product. However, some of the ingredients give me pause.

If you look at Other Ingredients, both the flavored and unflavored have 2 parabens. Also, the flavored version has sucralose.

I did read this company is trying to reformulate to get rid of the parabens. I think I'll wait until then.

PNR2008

I am on the end of spectrem that too many things bother me and make me feel worse so I waited to answer with my experience. It makes me feel worse and seems to intensify the pain in my legs. I take Vicodin everyday but not on the days trying Anatabloc and I felt like the pain was overwhelming. I have arachnoiditis (inflammaton of the spine) so thought I'd be a good candidate but I just couldn't wait to see if taking it for a few days would help.

snowathlete

My Anatabloc arrived today, and firstly I would point out to potential buyers that you're supposed to let it dissolve in your mouth then swallow, so get the flavored version. I didn’t realize this so I bought the unflavored and it takes gross. Its a very chemically taste. It quickly makes the back of my throat sore, similar to the beginning of a sore throat from a cold, but goes after a while. It is also affecting my nose in a similar way too. It sort of feels like its reacting there in some way. It is not a pleasant feeling really.

Too early to tell if it is beneficial really, but I'm now on it!

Sasha

Fine, thank you
My Anatabloc arrived today, and firstly I would point out to potential buyers that you're supposed to let it dissolve in your mouth then swallow, so get the flavored version. I didn’t realize this so I bought the unflavored and it takes gross. Its a very chemically taste. It quickly makes the back of my throat sore, similar to the beginning of a sore throat from a cold, but goes after a while. It is also affecting my nose in a similar way too. It sort of feels like its reacting there in some way. It is not a pleasant feeling really.

Too early to tell if it is beneficial really, but I'm now on it!

Yuk! Where did you buy it from?

I have used this for several months (dose of 4 per day). Didn't feel any noticeable effects, either initially or later, but my recent labs indicate decreasing inflammation (at least according to the c4a results that my doc reported). Apparently, the c4a is now in the midrange. I am feeling better, still have some PEM, but sleeping better and having some days in which I feel fairly normal.

I would be hard pressed to say it's the Anatabloc, since I have been adding many other components to my program, including immune modulators (compounds that include beta glucan and arabinogalactan which I think are key components), as well as increasing the intracellular abx (cyst busters) to battle lyme. I am also using lyme herbals, so again, don't know how all these may relate to the decreased inflammatory markers, but suspect it's a combo effect.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
snowathlete

Maybe your source didn't have the tablet? This is from the Antatbloc website:

Taking Anatabloc® is easy. Anatabloc is available as a mint flavored lozenge or as an unflavored/ sweetener-free tablet. It is available in two convenient options, which make it easy to fit into your lifestyle. Anatabloc is also Gluten-Free.

P.S. Thank god it is gluten free! :rofl:
Sushi

snowathlete

Thanks - pity they don't have a UK supplier. How long did they take to turn up?

a couple of weeks! held up going through customs then had to pay about a fiver vat, plus £8 to royal flippin' mail as a 'handling' charge...

Sushi, yeah I can see that page on their site, but I bought it direct from them and there are only the two options (flavored or unflavored). The ones I have are the unflavored tablets, but it says on the packet to disolve in mouth first before swallowing - so different to what it says on their site. It's very strange because it is an almost instant effect on swallowing and it touching my throat. I kinda feel like my glands are up now, which is very odd - not something I have had since having ME I dont think. :thumbsup:? :thumbdown:? Who knows...
I'm going to email them and ask I think, and maybe even point out that they could make it clearer on their site.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
a couple of weeks! held up going through customs then had to pay about a fiver vat, plus £8 to royal flippin' mail as a 'handling' charge...

snowathlete - how were you required to pay for the VAT? Did you get an email or a bill through the mail or something? You don't have to go somewhere special to pick up the package, do you? As long as I can just press the button and order and then sit in my house waiting for it to turn up, that's not too bad but I'd struggle if I had to be going all over the place paying fees to people before they'll release it.

snowathlete

Sasha - bill through the mail then phone up or pay online. Then they deliver it.

Btw, I contacted Rock about the taste and they said that the instructions say to swallow the tablet form. I pointed out that it did not say that on the bottle and quoted the text. They apologised, were grateful and asked if I would send the bottle back as the label is wrong and they want to investigate it. They say the bottles they have there do not say the same but mine absolutely does and as I bought direct it seems very odd. They are sending me a free flavoured bottle.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Sasha - bill through the mail then phone up or pay online. Then they deliver it.

Btw, I contacted Rock about the taste and they said that the instructions say to swallow the tablet form. I pointed out that it did not say that on the bottle and quoted the text. They apologised, were grateful and asked if I would send the bottle back as the label is wrong and they want to investigate it. They say the bottles they have there do not say the same but mine absolutely does and as I bought direct it seems very odd. They are sending me a free flavoured bottle.

Thanks - that's all worth knowing. I've just been emailing the company because I couldn't figure out which product I should be getting - their site is very confusing. I'm going to order some now.