• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Just Yogurt

jsg

I have high HHV6.

After about 3 years of trial and error with different foods, I've found that eating just yogurt gets rid of most of my fatigue.

Has anyone else tried this?

Does anyone know why this would work?

ukxmrv

Hi JSG,

That's good news. I ate yoghurt for about 5 years but didn't notice any change to my fatigue. The symptom that it did help was stomach bloating and functioning. Then suddenly it stopped having any effect at all.

At the moment I am taking the MAF314 yogurt. There is a thread on this forum (under GCMAF I think?)

Any particular type of yoghurt helping you.

Sherlock

Boswellia for lungs and MC stabllizing
I have high HHV6.

After about 3 years of trial and error with different foods, I've found that eating just yogurt gets rid of most of my fatigue.

In some people, the poisoning that results from leaky gut might account for the majority of symptoms. E.g., candida can pour various toxins into the bloodstream.

jsg

Hi JSG,

That's good news. I ate yoghurt for about 5 years but didn't notice any change to my fatigue. The symptom that it did help was stomach bloating and functioning. Then suddenly it stopped having any effect at all.

At the moment I am taking the MAF314 yogurt. There is a thread on this forum (under GCMAF I think?)

Just plain whole milk yogurt.
In some people, the poisoning that results from leaky gut might account for the majority of symptoms. E.g., candida can pour various toxins into the bloodstream.

So your saying that the yogurt is stopping the leaky gut and in result stopping toxins from leaking into my blood.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
How long did you eat just yogurt? Do you alternate between just yogurt and other foods?

Sherlock

Just plain whole milk yogurt.

So your saying that the yogurt is stopping the leaky gut and in result stopping toxins from leaking into my blood.
Yes, that seems the most likely.

Or it could be extra calcium or protein or palmitic acid or something else. I'd even bet that if you searched for sites about "miracle benefits of consuming lactic acid", then there might be some.

Sherlock

I've do
I've done it for about 6 months.

I don't alternate.
You've had nothing but yogurt for 6 months?? That's interesting. What if you went a whole day or two solely with ordinary milk, do you have any past experience trying that? Milk and yogurt would have the same proteins and fat, but not the same lactose versus lactic acid content.

The Masai are known for subsisting mainly on milk (plus some cow's blood). For yogurt alone? Maybe the Mongols come closest; but they had meat and milk, too.

jsg

You've had nothing but yogurt for 6 months?? That's interesting. What if you went a whole day or two solely with ordinary milk, do you have any past experience trying that? Milk and yogurt would have the same proteins and fat, but not the same lactose versus lactic acid content.

The Masai are known for subsisting mainly on milk (plus some cow's blood). For yogurt alone? Maybe the Mongols come closest; but they had meat and milk, too.

I tried doing just milk. I felt better than with most foods, but yogurt makes me feel a lot better than milk.

I think the lactose has something to do with it, since I find myself to be sensitive to other sugars.

Sherlock

I tried doing just milk. I felt better than with most foods, but yogurt makes me feel a lot better than milk.

I think the lactose has something to do with it, since I find myself to be sensitive to other sugars.
It get's all very complicated, of course. Turning milk into yogurt can also change the proteins' shapes, so that might make the proteins less of a problem.

You must have a lot of discipline, so you can try lots of experiments: Lactaid (with lactase in it), acidophilus milk (like yogurt but stopped sooner), whey versus casein, sugar alone if you dare.

Lactose intolerance has very specific symptoms. But if the problem is sugar, think about how yeast makes bread rise a lot more when you add sugar. They love it.

I used to make yogurt regularly, and sometimes let it go on much longer than recommended. It gets very sour, which means that there is even more lactic acid in it and so there is less lactose. Regular yogurt still has some lactose in it, because if it were very acid-tasting people wouldn't buy it.

You can make your own just by using a tablespoon or two of yogurt that you buy and stir that into milk. (That's also a way to discover if the "live cultures" in it really are still alive.) The hard part is keeping it up to the correct temperature range so the good bacteria can grow. You'll notice that the milk doesn't go bad, you don't even really have to cover it. It's very impressive how the good bacteria keep the other ones down.

undcvr

I have high HHV6.

Not all yogurt is the same, assume you are taking it in the Bifidum strain. The other strains won't work.

Bifidum strains product alot of enzymes, one in particular deactivates Histamine which is responsible for alot of immune system food-intolerance in the gut. They also make alots of folate in the gut which go into the methylation cycle. You are probable histamine intolerant and all foods contain histamine so you lose-lose anyway. It sounds like you will feel better too if you fast.

This Histamine thing is very very insidious. It can frack up your entire immune system making it look weak and malfunctioning (autoimmune) when in fact it is not.

knackers323

Hi JSG,

Hi are you seeing any benefit from the MAF? What is the difference between the 878 and the 314? Thanks

ukxmrv

Hi Knackers323,

Don't think that anyone knows as both suppliers are quiet on what the exact starter ingredient mix is.

The MAF878 that I made (with the starter from Dr Enlander) was far more like Kefir than the MAF314 which was more like a home made yoghurt.

I think that it is going to vary depending on how string the Kefir is to make the MAF878. Heard from other patients that if it is a commercial shop bought one the effect is less on the end result (the MAF878)

The MAF314 had immediate good effects for me within the first month and much more of a kick.

liquid sky

Six months on just yogurt. Does it have sugar or fruit in it? Could you list the ingredients please? Do you take any supplements to make up for nutrients you are missing? I find this fascinating.

One more question. How sick were you and what type of symptoms did you have?

Hip

jsg
A very interesting experiment! I also have some questions, if I may:

(1) Which brand of yogurt or yogurts did you consume? If you can, please provide a link to the brand/s, so that we can read the ingredients.
(2) Roughly how many ml or fl. oz of yogurt do you eat a day; and did you feel hungry on this diet, or did you feel full?
(3) Do you use low fat yogurt?
(4) After you switched to just eating yogurt, how long did it take on this yogurt-only diet before your fatigue symptoms mostly disappeared? Are we talking a period of days, weeks, or months of yogurt eating before the improvements in your fatigue levels manifested?
(5) Did any other of your ME/CFS symptoms also improve on the yogurt diet (ME/CFS symptoms such as brain fog, post-exertional malaise, and sensitivities to sound or light)?

Last edited:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Note: Dr. Englander posted today that he will be spending 2 days in Vienna investigating some of the questions about 878 and 314.

I am and have been very interested in MAF either injectabl Gc or probiotic.Maf 314 0r Maf 878.
I am willing to go to Vienna to explore this development

Am off to Vienna for two days , will explore new Gc MAF development and its comparison to MAF 878
Derek Enlander MD

Sushi

undcvr

The Masai are known for subsisting mainly on milk (plus some cow's blood). For yogurt alone? Maybe the Mongols come closest; but they had meat and milk said:
I seriously doubt that either of this cultures lived on 'milk' per se as we know it now. Without refrigeration and at the temperatures in those climates, the milk would be cultured even a little bit to say the least if it was not consumed right after being milked. Which brings us back to yogurt and maybe kefir.,

Sherlock

The Masai are known for subsisting mainly on milk (plus some cow's blood). For yogurt alone? Maybe the Mongols come closest; but they had meat and milk said:

I seriously doubt that either of this cultures lived on 'milk' per se as we know it now. Without refrigeration and at the temperatures in those climates, the milk would be cultured even a little bit to say the least if it was not consumed right after being milked. Which brings us back to yogurt and maybe kefir.,
The Masai live right along with the cows, so there is no need for refrigeration. Plus, I did said that the Mongols maybe come closet to living on yogurt. That means they have yogurt.

cigana

I considered doing this, but never tried it. My reasoning was that I thought perhaps leaky gut would cause fatigue via the immune response as proteins passed through the gut barrier into the blood stream. So I wondered if it could help to eat only "predigested" food, i.e. food with all or most of the proteins already broken down into amino acids. So I did an experiment where I ate only glucose, amino acids, and a few a little juiced vegetables (for vitamins/minerals). That didn't help me. Can you do well on other predigested foods?