• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Age Of G.P.s? UK

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I wondered if this Doctors Surgery maybe M.E. POTS knowledgeable ?

Well even if the're not they will probably be more open to referring to someone who is - terrible that its come to this - to all who think the NHS is wonderful, think again.
It still is if you have an emergency or accident but other than that............

bertiedog

I think they waste huge amounts of money on unnecessary tests and yet won't look to help ME/CFS patients. They seem to have a closed mind regarding our illness. I am fighting my GP at the moment because she wanted me to go through an invasive unnecessary procedure but I am refusing to do this. It makes me so mad because they ignore the problems I have because of ME/CFS.

golden

Well even if the're not they will probably be more open to referring to someone who is - terrible that its come to this - to all who think the NHS is wonderful, think again.
It still is if you have an emergency or accident but other than that............

I used to feel comforted by the idea its wonderful for A&E

but no longer :( It does have the potential still though (eternal optimist)

In the UK - i would try not to go near a hospital at a weekend... and my Nurse friend told me around Summer (when the new medical gra graduates start) as death rates are considerably higher...

And the mis diagnoses stories are unreal.

In this horror story - i applaud the correct diagnoses- but god ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...-trainee-surgeons-removed-OVARY-appendix.html

I have been through things with close family members too....

Hip

Doctors on the NHS are useless. Nothing but drug dealers.

Could that be because we don't support the NHS well enough financially? I calculated that each person in the UK on average pays £1728 tax a year towards the NHS's yearly budget of £109 billion.

Whereas in the US, the average cost of healthcare for a family of 4 is $22,030. So that works out at $5506 per person per year in the US, which is about £3516.

So it seems that in the US, the health care system receives double the amount of money per person compared to the system in the UK.

If we want a better NHS, perhaps we need to raise taxes in order to pay for it.

keenly

Could that be because we don't support the NHS well enough financially? I calculated that each person in the UK on average pays £1728 tax a year towards the NHS's yearly budget of £109 billion.

Whereas in the US, the average cost of healthcare for a family of 4 is $22,030. So that works out at $5506 per person per year in the US, which is about £3516.

So it seems that in the US, the health care system receives double the amount of money per person compared to the system in the UK.

If we want a better NHS, perhaps we need to raise taxes in order to pay for it.

Taxes should be lowered. The only reason taxes are needed is because the Bank of England is completely private and these bankers create money out of thin air with interest in it. The Governments then taxes the populace to pay the interest to their masters.

The credit crunch is a farce. How can sovereign nations be in debt to banks? Countries paying interest to private banks is crazy. If the public only knew how the system actually works.

snowathlete

The other difference though is that in the US the overal tax rate is lower whereas in the UK there really isn't room to increase the tax rate significantly. There is a huge amount of waste in the NHs as well and that makes it harder to justify the public paying in more...plus it's being privatised anyway, not that many people have noticed yet!

Hip

How can sovereign nations be in debt to banks? Countries paying interest to private banks is crazy.

Because the alternative — banks run by government — would be even worse, as it would deliver both political power and economical power into the government's hands. It is never a good idea to have a government with too much power. That is why modern democracies have long since separated church and state, and separated the judiciary from government. When you separate these various power bases (church, state, government, judiciary, banking, military, police, academia) they then keep an eye on each other; but when you amalgamate these power bases, it can easily descend into totalitarianism, with one man controlling everything. For example, Hitler took control of Germany by cunningly taking control of these various power bases. Keeping these power bases separate is a crucial safety mechanism for society.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
There is a huge amount of waste in the NHs as well

you're not supposed to notice that. ;) single-payer systems are meant to be more efficient. (is just that meaning something doesn't make it so and there is no incentive to innovate [e.g. develop cheaper better technology], have good customer service, etc. also there may not be funding or workplace culture to innovate.)

When you separate these various power bases (church, state, government, judiciary, banking, military, police, academia) they then keep an eye on each other; but when you amalgamate these power bases, it can easily descend into totalitarianism, with one man controlling everything.
(or an oligarchic totalitarianism, which is the same deal)
one does actually have to follow through with the 'keeping an eye on each other' part. Too often we do the first and not the second, and then we begin to stuff up parts of the first again.

keenly

Because the alternative — banks run by government — would be even worse, as it would deliver both political power and economical power into the government's hands. It is never a good idea to have a government with too much power. That is why modern democracies have long since separated church and state, and separated the judiciary from government. When you separate these various power bases (church, state, government, judiciary, banking, military, police, academia) they then keep an eye on each other; but when you amalgamate these power bases, it can easily descend into totalitarianism, with one man controlling everything. For example, Hitler took control of Germany by cunningly taking control of these various power bases. Keeping these power bases separate is a crucial safety mechanism for society.

Banks ran by governments means we can hold them accountable and NO interest on every pound created. NO credit crunch; no erosion of nations.

People need to realize when WE say jump the government should jump!!!!!!!

Hitler was funded by Bankers such as the Rockefellers and helped by the Vatican who are the richest, most powerful corporation on earth.

BOTH sides during WW2 were funded by the SAME people.

There should be no credit crunch. Did you know 75% of IRELAND's debt is interest? That is beyond crazy. Their leaders sold out the people to private banks. The IMF and world bank have created mass poverty and are pure evil.

Check out the Lawful bank by Roger Hayes.

Hip

Both sides during WW2 were also helped science, in terms of developing weapons. Does that mean science is evil too? Or just doing its duty to each nation?

I have to admit, when I first read about our fractional reserve and debt-based banking system, I originally thought "this must be a scam!" But after many years seriously thinking about the subject, I released that far from being a scam, banking is one of the most powerful forces for progress that humanity has. Yes it is fashionable to criticize bankers at present, and no doubt they do get paid far too much; but the mathematical mechanisms of banking are very sound, and indeed, in an indirect way, very noble.

Without the interest-bearing loans and debt-based economic model developed in the Middle Ages in Europe, we would have little technological progress, because technological progress is fueled by commerce, and commence rockets forward when underpinned by interest-bearing loans and debts.

No other culture or geographic region has ever come anywhere near the West in terms of material advancement, and an important element in this material advancement is the interest-bearing loans and debt-based economic model, which ignites very powerful economic forces. Yes you can have banking without interest (Islamic banking traditionally operates without levying interest), but then you do not get the same economic fervor, and then you don't get rapid material advancement. That is why other nations are now following the economic model set up by the West.

Only material advancement is going address the dire problems of diseases like ME/CFS, and all the myriad other very nasty and horrible diseases that nature has always thrown at us.

So yes, you are free to contemplate a world without the debt-based economic model that powerfully drives our economies forward; but you should also realize that there is an ethical dimension to this: we need to address the dire problems of diseases, and we need modern technological economies to do this.

You should not look at debt in itself as a bad thing. You can look credit and debt in terms of the + and – poles on a battery: it is the fact that one pole is positive and the other is negative that an electric current flows. And similarly, in our economies, moneys flows like a lifeblood, driven between the poles of credit and debt.

Sure, many governments are in too much debt at the moment, and the debt level needs to be reduced a little. But we certainly do not want to eliminate debt, as debt is in fact the driving force; it is the wind in the sails of all modern economies.

Of course, from a spiritual perspective, then this rampant material progress could well be criticized as corrosive to our spiritual welbeing. And I might tend to agree with that criticism. One of my interests has always been how we might maintain a spiritual dimension when immersed in increasingly materialistic societies.

But from the perspective of a sick ME/CFS patient like myself, I for one am glad that we have Western banking to fuel this explosive material progress, as one day this progress will lead to a cure for ME/CFS, and a cure for many other nasty diseases, and this material progress I hope will deliver humanity into a golden age of great health.