• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gut Lining vs. Biofilm

ttt

I'm taking some stuff to break down biofilm (Serrapeptase and Guaifenesin), but I'm also aware that my H. Pylori has burned a hole through my stomach, and I need to repair my gut lining. So I was thinking about taking glutamine. But then I'm wondering -- would glutamine be working in the opposite direction of the biofilm busters, or is gut lining a completely different thing than biofilm? I'm also a little concerned about glutamine, since Yasko makes a big deal about it being converted to glutamate, so I'd love any feedback about that, too. Thanx!

Jarod

Not sure anybody is trying to study/treat biofilms right now.

I tried some biofilm type treatments and had some complications around that time. Not sure exactly what caused my problems though.

I know very little about biofilms though, so not claiming to be an expert by any means.

I seem to do poorly on glutamine, but some people think it helps. I tend to be excitotoxic.

adreno

PR activist
I don't think glutamine is a component of biofilms. But you can take zinc carnosine instead. It works great for H. Pylori and repairing gut lining.

ttt

But you can take zinc carnosine instead. It works great for H. Pylori and repairing gut lining.

Thanx, Adreno. I had never heard of that. I'm currently taking Carnosine and Zinc Picolinate. Is that totally different than taking Zinc Carnosine? And if it is different, I'm concerned about not overdoing my dosage of Carnosine or Zinc. Currently I'm taking 500mg of Carnosine and 30mg of Zinc Picolinate. How would I adjust my dosage? Or is it like apples and oranges, where I don't have to worry about overdoing it?

adreno

PR activist
Thanx, Adreno. I had never heard of that. I'm currently taking Carnosine and Zinc Picolinate. Is that totally different than taking Zinc Carnosine? And if it is different, I'm concerned about not overdoing my dosage of Carnosine or Zinc. Currently I'm taking 500mg of Carnosine and 30mg of Zinc Picolinate. How would I adjust my dosage? Or is it like apples and oranges, where I don't have to worry about overdoing it?

The research were done with complexed zinc-carnosine. Whether the combination of the single nutrient will provide the same benefits, I can't say. It is suggested here that the complex has special properties:

When zinc is complexed to L-carnosine, it dissociates in the stomach at a slower rate. This prolonged existence allows it to maintain its gastric healing effect over a longer period of time.

http://www.autismcoach.com/Articles.asp?ID=361