• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Placebo Man

Hi guys!

I don't need an introduction.I am that man who gets hysterical due to all the health struggles and nothing helps me.Everything is placebo so far that I've been using.

Here is what I've tried so far: GFCF diet,multivitamin(yes,with synthetic ones...),protein powder,fish protein,adrenal glandular,isocort,chelated zinc,magnesium oil,magnesium oxid,liquid trace minerals,pumpkin seed oil,dibencozime B12,NADH,calcium D glucarate,highly absorbable liquid vitamin A/D/E,digestive enzyme(super enzymes),oregano oil,vitamin C,GABA,S. Boulardii,Lactobacillus,rich sources of probiotic and kefir.

My Metametrix stool test result shows 2+ candida but nothing else.No parasites.I do have elevated Triglycerides and Putrefactive SCFA in the red zone.

Here is my hair test result.I don't know how accurate is it though but judging by how I feel the past 10 years I think it's spot on.

Based on my genome I am "exquisitely sensitive to methyl donors" but my life got to the point of either killing myself or trying out something new in hope to start healing my body.

Therefore I finally took methylfolate(400mcg) & methylcobalamin(6 cmg, 50% mb12 & 50% adenosyl) for the past three days in a B complex form and to my suprise nothing happened.Placebo.
I've been reading this forum for quite some time and people either start feeling like crap or get an euphoric-like feel that goes into startup and hypokalemia after 3 days.

I am lost.Only 24 but spent half of my life in suffering and questioning and now I do feel that the only way out of this is suicide.Dad died from pancreatic cancer and am sharing the symptoms he did so I know this journey of mine will soon end but I just want to know the answer WHY my last hope have failed.
I'm going to wait for your answers.

hair.png

Victronix

Therefore I finally took methylfolate(400mcg) & methylcobalamin(6 cmg, 50% mb12 & 50% adenosyl) for the past three days in a B complex form and to my suprise nothing happened.Placebo.
I've been reading this forum for quite some time and people either start feeling like crap or get an euphoric-like feel that goes into startup and hypokalemia after 3 days.

I may be mistaken, but that sounds like good news for you -- it looks like you don't have a deficiency in B-12 or methylfolate (although presumably you would be sensitive to taking them if you actually needed them). My experience has been that people who have no response to taking them, i.e., my husband, a friend of mine, etc., don't need them.

So perhaps this is one area you can move on from.

Perfectionism is really hard. But of the things on your list, that is something that can be changed with talk therapy. Talk therapy actually makes brain changes. I've done years of it and had a lot of moments of realization that helped immensely to cope with feeling overwhelmed with life. It costs money and it's emotionally painful, but it's priceless in how it can change your perspective.

Hypothyroidism can cause shortness of breath and memory issues. I have that too but also the APO4 gene, so I have various procedures to retain things in memory that I've developed over the course of my life just to cope, before knowing I had those things. Mainly I write everything down, even as someone is just giving me a brief direction on a task.

But it's good to really keep on top of labs if you are hypothyroid.

Have you been diagnosed with PTSD? Or mainly feel like you have it? Just curious.

juniemarie

I dont have any answers for you I am not one of the brainiacs on here but hopefully one of them will decide to shepherd you through this process of looking for a needle in a hay stack we who are on this forum all face
I just want to encourage you to hang in and hang on and keep posting and looking for answers
I understand how hard it must be to have this strange health stuff at such a young age.

helen1

My heart goes out to you Steve, and I'm sure everyone who's read your posts feels the same way and is concerned for you.
What else does your genetic profile show? You only mention sensitivity to methyl donors so I'm guessing you have one or more of the COMTs (?) What else?
You mention a lot of symptoms (severe inner tension,perfectionism,bullied,chronic PTSD) that are often caused in large part by neurotransmitter issues but I don't see anything on your list of what you've tried so far, apart from GABA, that could address neuro issues. (And GABA isn't able to cross the blood-brain barrier from what I've read, although I have used pharmaGABA intermittently (said to cross the bbb) and had some improvement in relaxation and sleep. Not to be used regularly though as causes a negative feedback loop in GABA).
If I were you, I would definitely look into supplements or prescription meds that could help with your neurotramitters/moods. They're a big contributor to making you miserable by the sounds of things. And I say this from experience as in the past I've had terrible anxieties and depressions and also thought life wasn't worth living. But with the right supplements (for me it was hormones that saved me literally) those feelings are a nightmare from the past.
I also concur with Victronix's advice to get some talk therapy. I've found this useful too.
Am not very knowledgeable about hypothyroidism but I don't see any thyroid hormones on your list. Is that because you're treating low cortisol first?
I also wait with great interest to see what other ideas people might have for you.
Sending you hugs.

helen1

Have you had your hormones tested? Some people have great improvements in mood from taking DHEA including me and I know several men who've done well on testosterone.

I may be mistaken, but that sounds like good news for you -- it looks like you don't have a deficiency in B-12 or methylfolate (although presumably you would be sensitive to taking them if you actually needed them). My experience has been that people who have no response to taking them, i.e., my husband, a friend of mine, etc., don't need them.

So perhaps this is one area you can move on from.

I'm thinking of folate deficiency because of tongue tie(ankyloglossia) and aesthetic problems with teeth,scoliosis,pectus carinatum,kyphosis,lordosis and think of B12 deficiency because of unable to maintain eye contact during conversations.Pernicious anemia could explain lots of things.I've been pale for a long time.
My vitamin levels have never been tested though.

I dont have any answers for you I am not one of the brainiacs on here but hopefully one of them will decide to shepherd you through this process of looking for a needle in a hay stack we who are on this forum all face
I just want to encourage you to hang in and hang on and keep posting and looking for answers
I understand how hard it must be to have this strange health stuff at such a young age.

Thank you very much! Believe it or not but encouraging does help.

My heart goes out to you Steve, and I'm sure everyone who's read your posts feels the same way and is concerned for you.
What else does your genetic profile show? You only mention sensitivity to methyl donors so I'm guessing you have one or more of the COMTs (?) What else?
You mention a lot of symptoms (severe inner tension,perfectionism,bullied,chronic PTSD) that are often caused in large part by neurotransmitter issues but I don't see anything on your list of what you've tried so far, apart from GABA, that could address neuro issues. (And GABA isn't able to cross the blood-brain barrier from what I've read, although I have used pharmaGABA intermittently (said to cross the bbb) and had some improvement in relaxation and sleep. Not to be used regularly though as causes a negative feedback loop in GABA).
If I were you, I would definitely look into supplements or prescription meds that could help with your neurotramitters/moods. They're a big contributor to making you miserable by the sounds of things. And I say this from experience as in the past I've had terrible anxieties and depressions and also thought life wasn't worth living. But with the right supplements (for me it was hormones that saved me literally) those feelings are a nightmare from the past.
I also concur with Victronix's advice to get some talk therapy. I've found this useful too.
Am not very knowledgeable about hypothyroidism but I don't see any thyroid hormones on your list. Is that because you're treating low cortisol first?
I also wait with great interest to see what other ideas people might have for you.
Sending you hugs.

Yes,I've got a bunch of SNPs and my list is messed up. Bunch of B12 transport genes. I don't have high expectations for supplements anymore,just gave up as all of them has the same affect on me.
What kind of prescription meds are you thinking of? I'll hopefully have my hormonal results in the near future.

Thank you for taking the time to write!

Victronix

unable to maintain eye contact during conversations

That would go along with perfectionism and potential PTSD or PTSS more than B-12. B-12 can improve your interest in being social, but it can't quickly change a lifetime of learned behaviors and experiences. Regardless of what supplements or nutrients or pharmaceuticals you try and are helped by, ultimately, talk therapy can address areas that those cannot fully. Anyone with the issues you describe will benefit from counseling.

helen1

What kind of prescription meds are you thinking of?
I was thinking of antidepressants, prescription and natural. What have you tried?
Also I think if you started a new thread with a clearer message about needing help, I think you'd get more responses!