• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does IM B 12 stop your nocturia/polyuria/polydipsia?

Allyson

Hi All

Does IM B 12 stop your nocturia/polyuria/polydipsia?

i have noted that it does for some reason

when i am haveing the injections i stop peeing all the time

may be that is why i sleep better with it too??

it is not always a direct correlation

eg the day i have the shot it is not always diminished

but it does seem to correlate and nothing else i ever took ever stopped my nocturia

as Dr Cheney noted - from 7pm evrey night i would go to the loo every hour at least til bed time and once or twice overnight..

Just wondered if anyone else had noted this too please and thought of any reasons?

thanks

Ally

valentinelynx

For reasons beyond me (perhaps the methylation folks can explain) IM B12 makes me crash horribly. Haven't noticed if it makes me stop peeing all the time during that period! Not willing to do the experiment with my prior experiences, though!:p

Allyson

For reasons beyond me (perhaps the methylation folks can explain) IM B12 makes me crash horribly. Haven't noticed if it makes me stop peeing all the time during that period! Not willing to do the experiment with my prior experiences, though!:p

Thanks Val,

no do not try that again then!!

... sorry to hear that as it helps a lot of us and it was SO nice to get some solid sleep.

best,

Ally

rlc

Hi Allyson, don't know of a medical reason why B12 would be relieving those symptoms, but it is possible that it may be helping with an undiagnosed medical condition that causes those symptoms, diseases that cause nocturia/polyuria/polydipsia are listed here http://en.diagnosispro.com/differen...-polydipsia-nocturia/25192_25198-154_154.html many of these diseases will cause other CFS symptoms as well, so it would be a good idea to get your doctor to make sure they have all been tested for and ruled out.

Hope this helps

All the best

Allyson

IM B12 doesn't stop my night time urination. I've only ever tried the Cyan type by injection though.

Hi X and ric

thanks
I take IM neo B 12 weekly - wel every 5-6 days i find is best

Oral/sublingual B12 did nothng for me
and sub - cut injections weer not a s good as IM.

Yes i have notied a definite change since i have started on it in this aspect and in better sleep.

I have tried so many supps that did nothig so i am pretty sure this is a real effect. I may just be lucky! who knows -- not many people say B12 helps them sleep but iI see a definite improvement.

thanks for the feed back.

Ally

Allyson

Hi Allyson, don't know of a medical reason why B12 would be relieving those symptoms, but it is possible that it may be helping with an undiagnosed medical condition that causes those symptoms, diseases that cause nocturia/polyuria/polydipsia are listed here http://en.diagnosispro.com/differen...-polydipsia-nocturia/25192_25198-154_154.html many of these diseases will cause other CFS symptoms as well, so it would be a good idea to get your doctor to make sure they have all been tested for and ruled out.

Hope this helps

All the best

Thanks for that useful link Ric - interesting.

they do not mention ME /cfs on it though but i know a lot of us have these symptoms - they get worse as you get older I believe and Dr Cheney discussed the nocturia and reaons for it.

Yes....and another thing for my long-suffering but lovely GP to get onto - i have just had the MTHFR gene test and seen a geneticist for genetic issues.
But a lot of PWME take vitamin b 12 shots - shat does it help other with do you know?

Thanks again for the feed back, most helpful

Ally