• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nortriptyline seems to reduce pain on waking for me :)

SilverbladeTE

have been trying Nortriptyline, seems to be helping with the pain on waking up, which is very severe for me so least that's one good thing :)

Normally feels like I've had a right kicking when I wake up, ugh. bad days feels like they were wearing leather soled shoes on very bad days like they used pick shaft handles not just their feet and OMG that hurts!

So usually takes me half hour to two hours to recover from waking up.
Still feel sick/worn out on waking but much less pain with the Nortyptiline

incredibly lousy weather we've had hasn't helped, cold+damp make me worse and our "winter" seemed tp have last until day before yesterday, never know such long crappy weather in all my days!

sianrecovery

That's interesting, I don't know anything about nortriptyline - they offered me amytripyline (cuse spelling) for the facial pain. I didn't take it. But it is definitely, definitely far worse in cold, damp weather - especially as the pressure drops. I think that's something you see a lot in various pain syndromes. I also use herbal stuff like valerian and white willow etc, and some topical stuff.
Yes, this experience of never ending winter is very punishing indeed. Roll on something that at least pretends to be summer.

have been trying Nortriptyline, seems to be helping with the pain on waking up, which is very severe for me so least that's one good thing :)
Interesting ... the primary action is to inhibit norepinphrine reuptake (NRI). I take a different drug that's only an NRI (Strattera) for my low blood pressure/pulse press and related symptoms.

Do you have OI problems, and if so, does Nortriptyline seem to help? Maybe I can get it easier and cheaper than Strattera :p