• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

LDN Survey

Hi Everyone:
I don't know about you, but I find the forum format not the best way to obtain information on our experiences with treatments. I think that surveys would be a better way to gather information from a number of patients in one place. I have an account at Survey Monkey and wrote up up a survey to try out the concept. I will post the results as soon as I get a sufficient number of responders. To participate in this survey, please click on the link below:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CFSsurveys_LDN_shastamax

All responses are strictly confidential. I'm just a CFS patient trying to help us better help ourselves. Many thanks for participating! Any suggestions are most welcome.
I have also posted surveys on famvir (with a link to the results) and Imunovir under this forum topic.

Shastamax

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
shastamax

Thanks for starting the survey. I started answering it and then got stuck as I started LDN along with other aspects of a protocol and the questions don't really differentiate between improvements from LDN and other things (for instance the functionality scale.)

I've taken LDN for about 3 years but after a couple of years needed to reduce my dose--I don't know how to express that. Also, while I had side-effects, they were only after each raise in dose. Any tips on filling out the questionnaire with these things in mind?

Thanks,
Sushi

*GG*

shastamax

Thanks for starting the survey. I started answering it and then got stuck as I started LDN along with other aspects of a protocol and the questions don't really differentiate between improvements from LDN and other things (for instance the functionality scale.)

I've taken LDN for about 3 years but after a couple of years needed to reduce my dose--I don't know how to express that. Also, while I had side-effects, they were only after each raise in dose. Any tips on filling out the questionnaire with these things in mind?

Thanks,
Sushi

I feel similarly, I started LDN over 3 years ago during a major crash (massive pain, depression, was out of work for nearly 3 months)! I also changed a lot of things, got tired of the change 1 thing for weeks to months, and no improvements, so I changed many things and got better, with perhaps still some slight improvement, I'm not satisfied, I want more of my life back!

GG

Question 9 has an answer option that addresses the problem of taking multiple drugs and not knowing which drug(s) are helping. I have added the word "lasting" to the first question about side effects. I added 2 questions at the end about lowering the dose due to side effects. Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.