• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My worst symptoms, need tips please

Hello,

I'm new to the forum. I'm an 18 year male from the UK and have had ME for 4 years.

The main reason I joined the forum was because I get a particular set of symptoms that re unbearable and was wondering if anyone else experienced the or could help.

By the way I am practically always housebound so I wouldn't say I'm doing too much.

The symptoms are split into 2.

Firstly, this has been doing on for almost a year like this, I wake up in the middle of the night feeling horrendously sick, never actually am sick but feel terrible for hours, there isn't much as to explain as it is just awful. But it seem to be preceded the day before my an odd feeling in my stomach, sometimes a blunt pain or heaviness and an inability to poo (or only a tiny bit comes out).

The second type is very similar but new, it also only happens at night. When I wake up at night I don't feel too ill sometimes but if I have to get up for a wee, then when I'm back in bed I feel terrible again, just awful. Last night I had to urinate in a bottle by my bed to try and stop it happening, but it still did make me feel terrible.

In regards to my diet I am now on the SCD Diet which has improved my general nausea a lot.

Feel free to ask any question but please help I hate this o much, I feel so ill it is indescribable.

lansbergen

But it seem to be preceded the day before my an odd feeling in my stomach, sometimes a blunt pain or heaviness and an inability to poo (or only a tiny bit comes out).

Do you mean constipation?

I always got constipation at the beginning of a flareup and at the end of a flareupo it all came out.

Is there anything I can do to prevent the constipation? And what foods contain magnesium, how would I check for a deficiency? Any help is welcome, I think I would cry with joy if this particular symptom went, the symptom of waking up feeling nightmarishly nauseous.

lansbergen

Is there anything I can do to prevent the constipation?

You can not prevent the infection to become active but not overdoing can help.

I use an immunemodulator. That made the flareups slowly became less frequent and less severe.

adreno

PR activist
Is there anything I can do to prevent the constipation? And what foods contain magnesium, how would I check for a deficiency? Any help is welcome, I think I would cry with joy if this particular symptom went, the symptom of waking up feeling nightmarishly nauseous.
Just try a magnesium supplement. 400-800mg per day.

Sorry lansbergen I am confused by what you think is causing this what can be done? And also I checked online for the foods I eat and I don't think I have a magnesium deficiency. Does anyone know what I causing this or what I can do to stop it please?

Plum

In my case nausea is caused by a build up of toxins. I have to take liver detox herbs every day without fail. I use NOW Liver Detoxifier and Regenerator. My whole childhood and adult like was characterised by daily nausea which has only gone away when I started taking this supplement.

Bowel problems are also a sign of toxicity.

My IBS has cleared up on the Paleo diet. The reason being that I now eat a HUGE amount of vegetables.

Magnesium deficiency is very common in the general population due to poor quality of soil. It doesn't matter how good your diet is, you'll still be deficient. Then when you consider a chronic illness like the one we have it's even worse.

Try magnesium supplements - they definitely make you go.

As far as need to pee in the middle of the night followed by pain - it sounds like you may have irritable bladder syndrome. I know someone else with this and don't know what to suggest. I think it's often caused by hypersensitive nerves in the bladder.

lansbergen

Sorry lansbergen I am confused by what you think is causing this what can be done? And also I checked online for the foods I eat and I don't think I have a magnesium deficiency. Does anyone know what I causing this or what I can do to stop it please?

I have no doubt it is an infection effecting the acetylcholine system.

The immunemodulator I use is a positive allosteric a7nAchR modulator. .

This immune modulator can be very dangeous in the hands of layman.

I think Adreno knows other things to stimulate the acetylcholine receptors.

Plum, my getting up in the night is followed by nausea but not pain, and I am on the SCD diet which is similar to Paleo, how long did it take you to lose your IBS? I am not keen/very anxious about taking any supplements to be honest.

Lansbergen, how do you know, what does this mean then and is there anything I can do about without taking what you mention because I react badly to all these types of thing.

And plum, in terms of toxicity, is that like to do with the lymphatic system and pollution etc or a different type of toxicity?

Shell

I don't get night time nausea thankfully, mine is all orthostatic. But I have tried taking bicarb a spoonful a few times a day with water. I also drink bottled water from a high magnesium source. But I agree with adreno you sound like you need a good supplement of Mag.

I do understand your worry about taking supplements. You need to make sure you get good quality ones, which can cost a bit more than the not-so good ones.
Remember, if they don't suit you, then you can stop taking them.

The other thing I do (for breathing rather than nausea) is I sit up at night. I have one of those huge triangle pillows (breast feeding pillows) with other pillows to prop me up. It might help your nausea if you're not lying flat. But it might not make any difference.

Try not to drink too close to bedtime. This might help reduce the need to wee at night. Also I wonder, as you say having a wee makes you feel dreadful whether you're brewing a UTI (urinary tract infection)
It might be worth getting a sample to the doc for a dipstick.

I am sorry you are going through so much. I hope you can find some answers here but you will find support.

Could someone shed some light on the toxicity side of things? The toxicity people speak of that causes nausea, is this like pollution and stuff in the water or something else? I am really willing to even move so please any help on toxicity or otherwise please help.

Shell, thank you for the tips, but I do sit up at night and try not to drink too close but I wonder if I should drink more to flush out toxins, but I need for info on toxins like I just posted, where they come from, could it be causing my nausea and my stomach being involved because it is in my stools that it exits and if im constipated the toxins pile up? Like I said I would really consider moving to stop this (is. Moving to a non polluted area). I already drink only bottled water, and don't eat junk food, only thing I don't have that's not fruit and veg is peanut butter which is organic etc.

Does anyone else have any more incite or help or ideas please? I really feel desperate, this nausea at night symptom is getting too unbearable.

adreno

PR activist
Does anyone else have any more incite or help or ideas please? I really feel desperate, this nausea at night symptom is getting too unbearable.
It's impossible for anyone here to tell what the problem is. You need tests. How are your electrolyte levels? Hormone levels? Any infections? Gut dysbiosis? How is your mineral status? And so on.