• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Immune System Boost cures HIV mice

My mum sent me this link, and I was just about to post it, but you beat me to it!
Sounds like a promising finding for all chronic infections, M.E. included.

take care, ness

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
what i found interesting in the news interview the question was asked how do they give the mice HIV, the answer they dont, but they give them one very similar that effects the immune system, mmm must be afew out there then, so sounds like this treatment could treat any chronic viral illness, but atleast 10 years away, bugger.

FunkOdyssey

Looking for things that influence IL-7 production, only turned up sleep so far. REM sleep more specifically.

Brain Behav Immun. 2007 Nov;21(8):1058-62. Epub 2007 May 23.
Sleep enhances serum interleukin-7 concentrations in humans.

Benedict C, Dimitrov S, Marshall L, Born J.

Department of Neuroendocrinology, University of Lbeck, Ratzeburger Allee 160, Hs 23a, 23538 Lbeck, Germany. benedict@kfg.uni-luebeck.de
Abstract

Growing evidence points towards a beneficial effect of sleep on immune function. Human studies indicate that the T cell mediated adaptive immune function including formation of antigen specific antibodies is facilitated by sleep. Along this line, here we aimed to dissociate the effect of sleep and circadian rhythm on circulating interleukin-7 (IL-7) and interleukin-15 (IL-15). These cytokines play a key role in the homeostatic regulation of nave and memory T cell numbers and are critical for the differentiation of memory T cells. Serum IL-7 concentration and expression of membrane-bound IL-15 (mIL-15) on CD14(+) monocytes were measured in 18 men on two occasions: once during a regular 24-h sleep-wake cycle and another time during a 24-h period of continuous wakefulness. During sleep and especially during late sleep serum IL-7 concentrations were distinctly increased as compared to wakefulness (p<0.05). mIL-15 density on monocytes remained unchanged by sleep. The sleep-dependent increase in IL-7 concentration was associated with increased REM sleep, but did not correlate with concentrations of GH, cortisol or norepinephrine during sleep. The findings concur with the notion of a supportive influence of sleep on T cell function related to formation of T cell memory.

PMID: 17524612

rwac

Nucleotides enhance the secretion of interleukin 7 from primary-cultured murine intestinal epithelial cells.

Murakami R, Yamada K, Nagafuchi S, Hachimura S, Takahashi T, Kaminogawa S, Totsuka M.

Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, The University of Tokyo, Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, Japan.
Abstract

Our previous studies showed that dietary nucleotides fed to mice enhanced the secretion of interleukin 7 (IL-7) and transforming growth factor beta (TGF-beta) from intestinal epithelial cells (IECs). To explore whether nucleotides influence IECs directly to enhance the secretion of the cytokines or not, the effects of nucleotides added in vitro on the cytokine secretion from primary-cultured murine IECs were examined. When the mixture of nucleotide 5'-monophosphates (CMP, GMP, IMP, and UMP) or individual nucleotide 5'-monophosphates were added to the primary culture of IECs derived from BALB/c mice, the secretion of IL-7, but not that of TGF-beta, was increased significantly. Addition of nucleotides to the culture did not alter the number of the IECs. Secretion of IL-6 and granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor, which are known to be secreted from IECs, was not enhanced by the addition of nucleotides. These results demonstrate that nucleotides can affect IECs directly to enhance the secretion of IL-7, and suggest that the increased secretion of TGF-beta from IECs by dietary nucleotides was due to indirect effects of the nucleotides, which may affect intestinal microflora or cells other than IECs that in turn influence the cytokine secretion of IECs.

Dietary nucleotides increase the proportion of a TCR gammadelta+ subset of intraepithelial lymphocytes (IEL) and IL-7 production by intestinal epithelial cells (IEC); implications for modification of cellular and molecular cross-talk between IEL and IEC by dietary nucleotides.

Nagafuchi S, Totsuka M, Hachimura S, Goto M, Takahashi T, Yajima T, Kuwata T, Kaminogawa S.

Nutrition Science Institute, Meiji Milk Products Co., Ltd., Odawara, Kanagawa, Japan. n-shinya@mx7.mesh.ne.jp
Abstract

We have investigated the effects of dietary nucleotides on intraepithelial lymphocytes (IEL) and intestinal epithelial cells (IEC) in weanling mice. The proportion of T-cell receptor (TCR) gammadelta+ IEL in BALB/c mice fed a diet supplemented with nucleotides (NT(+) diet) was significantly higher than that in mice fed the nucleotide-free diet, while the proportion of TCR alphabeta+ IEL in NT(+) diet-fed mice was significantly decreased. The change of the TCR alphabeta+/TCR gammadelta+ ratio was mainly observed in a CD8 alphaalpha+ subset of IEL. IEC from NT(+) diet-fed mice produced a higher level of IL-7, which is important in the development of TCR gammadelta+ IEL, than those from control diet-fed mice. The expression levels of IL-7 and IL-2 receptors on IEL were not different between the two dietary groups. Our findings suggest that the increased population of a TCR gammadelta+ IEL subset by feeding nucleotides may be caused by the increased production of IL-7 by IEC.

I suspect brewer's yeast extract is a good source of nucleotides.

Researchers have found that mice overrun with HIV, Hep B and C viruses can clear their bodies of infection with the hormone, Interleukin 7.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/02/04/3129890.htm

Hi snez, Thanks for sharing this link with us. This is much informative to all the member's and specially for the patient for HIV and hepatitis B and C..... Keep sharing more info of this kind for the knowledge of the whole world.....

Daffodil

wow. i thought they tried IL-7 but it didnt work? or maybe i was thinking of something else.

i love articles like this...give me hope.

heapsreal

i believe its not il7 itself but stimulating the immune system to make more il7. Some of these immune hormones so to speak like interferon, there is a negative feedback ie once u stop the drug your body is no longer making the interferon. This is why interferons inducers like immunovir and cycloferon are used as they stimulate the immune system to make their own and when these meds are stopped, there maybe a reduction in interferon but not a halt and their levels just reverse back to pre interferon induced levels, if that makes sense. So i wonder if IL7 works the same way.

cheers!!!

heapsreal

not familiar but seen some stuff on tv and they said atleast 10 years away from being used for HIV outside of clinical trials, so could be awhile.

Daffodil

ive been reading some comments from doctors who think that the reactivation strategies for HIV eradication probably will not work until they have drugs that will reach all compartments, including the genital tract, central nervous system, and gut-associated lymph tissue. this sounds realistic to me....probably a long way to go, still :-/

i think they did an experiment where they tried to reactivate HIV in some monkey on HAART but the virus just got out of control in the brain tissue or something...

i wish to God there was a way to make things go faster. feels like i'll be dead before this stupid controversy over xmrv even starts to clear up.

aquariusgirl

Hip....a question for you and anyone who uses Immunovir.
Should a person wait a certain period between taking Immunovir or Inosine & taking drugs ...AVs or herbs.
I got massive inflammation in the gut a couple of times combining Inosine + Famvir & Inosine+ Mastic Gum.

heapsreal

Hip....a question for you and anyone who uses Immunovir.
Should a person wait a certain period between taking Immunovir or Inosine & taking drugs ...AVs or herbs.
I got massive inflammation in the gut a couple of times combining Inosine + Famvir & Inosine+ Mastic Gum.

I would wait and add 1 at a time so u know what each is doing and feels like. I would probably add the antiviral first to lower viral load first and then an immune mod to hopefully clean things up??