• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Trazadone Question

Does anyone know if you need to take Trazadone a while for it to start working? I took it one night and felt nothing, but thought it might take a few weeks to start working.

I'm currently taking Clonazepam and Doxepin and looking to taper off the Doxepin, as it leaves me feeling very tired and affects my memory. So I'm looking for something that will prolong sleep and can be taken with Clonazepam or by itself.

(I can't take Ambien CR.)

Thanks

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Does anyone know if you need to take Trazadone a while for it to start working? I took it one night and felt nothing, but thought it might take a few weeks to start working.

I'm currently taking Clonazepam and Doxepin and looking to taper off the Doxepin, as it leaves me feeling very tired and affects my memory. So I'm looking for something that will prolong sleep and can be taken with Clonazepam or by itself.

Thanks

What dose of traz u on. Should work straight away for sleep. I use 100mg when i take it. I only use it every so often alternating with other meds. i would keep doxepine up your sleeve and use it occassionally when u need some big sleep??

Lotus97

Thanks
What brand of generic are you taking? Certain brands work better than others. Apotex is a good brand. Still, trazodone doesn't work for everyone. If you don't feel anything then either you don't have a high enough dose, you have a bad brand, or Trazodone is just the wrong medication for you. It's trial and error with a lot of these supplements and drugs.

*GG*

As Heaps mentions, have you tried increasing the dosage? I took up to 150mg when it stopped working for me, then I tried Doxepin, did not work at all for me. Have now been on Mirtazapine for over 3 years and have only had to increase the dosage a little, and when I get a lot of rest on some days, I need to take more at night to get some sleep.

GG

What brand of generic are you taking? Certain brands work better than others. Apotex is a good brand. Still, trazodone doesn't work for everyone. If you don't feel anything then either you don't have a high enough dose, you have a bad brand, or Trazodone is just the wrong medication for you. It's trial and error with a lot of these supplements and drugs.

It's Pliva brand. Where can you buy Apotex brand?

Lotus97

It's Pliva brand. Where can you buy Apotex brand?
Pliva (aka Teva USA) is a bad brand. You can contact Apotex to find out if there are any pharmacies in your area.
http://www.apotex.com/us/en/default.asp
Or you could just call some local pharmacies to see what brands they carry. Mylan also makes Trazodone. Although I've heard from many people that Apotex worked well (much better than Pliva/Teva), this person said Mylan worked well, but when they switched to Apotex they had problems.
http://www.crazymeds.us/CrazyTalk/i...ion-from-one-generic-manufacturer-to-another/
I've been taking generic Trazodone made by Mylan for YEARS, works like a charm. No problem whatsoever with it.
Now Mylan has discontinued making it and I've had another manufacturer sent to me (I think it was "Apotex"?).
Anyway, I tried just switching from one to another overnight as if there would be no problem. No such luck, not when it comes to me and my sensitivity to any possible changes in my "cocktail".