• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any doctors in the U.S. who follow KDM's protocol?

tyson oberle

Does anyone know if there are any doctors in the U.S. who follow Dr Kenny De Meirleir's protocol? I can't imagine it being a necessity to travel to Belgium. There has to be a more local doctor who uses KDM's system of treatment. Or does anyone know if KDM is willing to work with an overseas patient and doctor via email?

Gypsy

Hi,
I would really like to know this as well. Could you possibly PM me? I am fascinated with all the work KDM does with the gut and I can not find anyone who is even interested in the Gut-CFS/ME connection.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi,
I would really like to know this as well. Could you possibly PM me? I am fascinated with all the work KDM does with the gut and I can not find anyone who is even interested in the Gut-CFS/ME connection.

Hi Gypsy,

Do you feel like coming on chat and opening a chat with me and we could discuss it?

Sushi

Gypsy

I don't seem to see any chat. I am on an ipad. Does that make a difference?

I will see if I can figure it out tomorrow.

helen1

I am also really interested in this question. Would it be possible to post an answer on this thread for others as well?
Thanks!

I am also really interested in this question. Would it be possible to post an answer on this thread for others as well?
Thanks!

Hi Gypsy,

Do you feel like coming on chat and opening a chat with me and we could discuss it?

Sushi
Thanks!
tyson oberle

Hi, I sent you a PM.

Sushi

Hi Sushi,

I'm also really interested in an MD in the States who is knowledgable about DeMeirleir's protocol. Bacterial, fungal and parasitic gut issues are destroying me and no MD (I've seen dozens and dozens) seem to be able to get a handle on it along with all the downstream effects on the brain, immune and endocrine systems. I've thought of going to Belgium and/or the UK to see Myhill but just cannot make the trip for many reasons.

Thanks so much for any pertinent info.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Sushi,

I'm also really interested in an MD in the States who is knowledgable about DeMeirleir's protocol. Bacterial, fungal and parasitic gut issues are destroying me and no MD (I've seen dozens and dozens) seem to be able to get a handle on it along with all the downstream effects on the brain, immune and endocrine systems. I've thought of going to Belgium and/or the UK to see Myhill but just cannot make the trip for many reasons.

Thanks so much for any pertinent info.

Hi avreed,

I sent you a message, it is easier to discuss in chat if that is an option for you.

Best wishes,
Sushi