• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

how methyl b12 and methylfolate are synthesized?

hello.
ive wondering how naturally methyl b12 and methylfolate are synthesized.
i know methyl b12 is created by bacterias but not sure what kind.
what kind of food they need to create it?
me thinking probiotic bacteria in fermented food like kefir, sauerkraut, sour pickles can sinthesize both, methyl b12 and methyl folate.
of course not sure and can not find the answer on internet.
do you know how are they made?thanks

thanks.
dhfr enzyme is found in all dividing cells of prokaryotes and eukaryotes.
so fermented vegetables must be rich in all active b vitamins.
they also have fulvic acid, all kind of digestive enzymes, k2, vit c and provably the can convert pro vit a in active vitamin a.

they are the perfect b complex plus.

independence, cost , avoid toxic fillers-stabilizers, naturally balanced nutrients.
afraid of side effects when i give issolated supp to kids.
the advantage of many things in one tasty portion.
when you cant afford grass fed meat, you still can get many natural vitamins fermenting even herbs around you.

im trying to find out how creatine is made naturally in labs now, my daughter really needs it, and need to reduce cost. any idea?
thanks

Lotus97

independence, cost , avoid toxic fillers-stabilizers, naturally balanced nutrients.
afraid of side effects when i give issolated supp to kids.
the advantage of many things in one tasty portion.
when you cant afford grass fed meat, you still can get many natural vitamins fermenting even herbs around you.
How do you know your body will produce the right amount of B12 and folate? Some people can't even tolerate 250 mcg of methylcobalamin and 200 mcg of methylfolate (and might not need much more than that) while other people take over 5000 mcg of both B12 and folate. There are some brands that sell methylfolate and B12 with fillers. With Thorne's methylcobalamin you would put the powder between your lower lip and gum. I've heard that it's not as potent as certain sublinguals, but that's the only option if you don't want to take sublingual tablets. There are a few brands that make methylfolate without fillers. There are some foods that are relatively high in folate, but it's not in the form of folinic acid or methylfolate (except for meat which is low in folate) so it's unclear how much you can actually convert into the reduced forms. Also, a certain amount of folate is lost in storage/cooking. As for B12, organ meat is about the only way to get it, but the absorption for B12 in the gut very low compared to sublinguals which is why everyone here takes B12 sublingually rather than orally. I guess there is one other option for B12 if you don't want to ingest the products. You could take it as a suppository. I'm not sure if you'd absorb much of the other ingredients though, but it wouldn't pass through your digestive tract.

agree.
but your fermented vegetables will have more active b vitamines the longer you leave them fermenting.

lab produce them in this way and then they issolate them and find a way to ekeep em stable, no?

maybe im wrong?

btw found that there are some invertebrates that also have creatine, but could only find sponges today.
creatine is heat sensible.

fermenting doesnt destroy methylfolate like heat.

what about b12 with dmso through skin or suppo, by mouth taste terrible.