• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The B12/Folate viral connection.

So, another poster on here mentioned the connection between B12 and shingles. I hadn't previously put those two things together, but the mention of it opened my eyes a bit. It seems the methyl cycle is largely intertwined with viral immunity. Fast forward a few days and I got a call from my Gyno office reporting that I have one of the high risk types of HPV, but no abnormal cells at this point. So, they were super non-chalant about it and said they will have to see me every year instead of every 3 years. Of course, this is not enough for me. So, I got to digging.

I found this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22351779, which I find pretty damn remarkable.

Anyone care to share any specific personal relationship between their broken methyl cycle and viral load? Able to combat it? Any tried the high dose Vit C as proposed by Pauling?

Interested to hear thoughts.

L'engle

moogle
So, another poster on here mentioned the connection between B12 and shingles. I hadn't previously put those two things together, but the mention of it opened my eyes a bit. It seems the methyl cycle is largely intertwined with viral immunity. Fast forward a few days and I got a call from my Gyno office reporting that I have one of the high risk types of HPV, but no abnormal cells at this point. So, they were super non-chalant about it and said they will have to see me every year instead of every 3 years. Of course, this is not enough for me. So, I got to digging.

I found this: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22351779, which I find pretty damn remarkable.

Anyone care to share any specific personal relationship between their broken methyl cycle and viral load? Able to combat it? Any tried the high dose Vit C as proposed by Pauling?

Interested to hear thoughts.

OK, so I have brain fog. Does this mean folate supplementation can prevent cancer? I hope this is good news and also hope you will be OK and not have further problems!

OK, so I have brain fog. Does this mean folate supplementation can prevent cancer? I hope this is good news and also hope you will be OK and not have further problems!

Well, you could look at it that way. But to me it reiterates that there is some sort of viral connection to b12/folate deficiency. In the study the folate/b12 sufficiency was correlated with cancer reduction.

cph13

thegiantess, U R right this is amazing stuff. I went on a hunt after reading your post. I found a host of things on dr. google just by typing "hpv16 deficient in Folate and b12". Just truly amazing. This particular article http://www.pnas.org/content/96/22/12216.full
has a lot of interesting information. It confirms a lot that has been discussed on here about co-factors as well. I've only just begun reading but I wanted to share what I found. I'm now going on a "hunt". I have extremely high titters of hhv6. I am currently treating with famvir/famcylovir. I do believe that because I pre-treated with SMP-Freddd's, I'm having no issues with the anti-viral. I am 100% in support of others touting "enzymatic therapy b-12". I tried source naturals with "0" success except for horrific insomnia. Yarrow did not work for me...I got caught in the "new batch". I'm currently using life extension (purchased only because I ran out of ET and to try because it comes in 5mg). Compared to Enzy. Therapy none of what I tried can hold a candle to ET. I had 4 amazing weeks on ET than I leveled off...I now have my new shipment of ET (no sharing this shipment with friends and family). Thanks ever so much for posting what you found. Happy Healing.

thegiantess, U R right this is amazing stuff. I went on a hunt after reading your post. I found a host of things on dr. google just by typing "hpv16 deficient in Folate and b12". Just truly amazing. This particular article http://www.pnas.org/content/96/22/12216.full
has a lot of interesting information. It confirms a lot that has been discussed on here about co-factors as well. I've only just begun reading but I wanted to share what I found. I'm now going on a "hunt". I have extremely high titters of hhv6. I am currently treating with famvir/famcylovir. I do believe that because I pre-treated with SMP-Freddd's, I'm having no issues with the anti-viral. I am 100% in support of others touting "enzymatic therapy b-12". I tried source naturals with "0" success except for horrific insomnia. Yarrow did not work for me...I got caught in the "new batch". I'm currently using life extension (purchased only because I ran out of ET and to try because it comes in 5mg). Compared to Enzy. Therapy none of what I tried can hold a candle to ET. I had 4 amazing weeks on ET than I leveled off...I now have my new shipment of ET (no sharing this shipment with friends and family). Thanks ever so much for posting what you found. Happy Healing.

That article was interesting, thanks. Here is another specific paper showing a link between b12/folate deficiency and proliferation of HPV16 (the kind that leads to cervical cancer).
http://www.jbc.org/content/early/2012/02/17/jbc.M111.317040

Red04

I have always simplified it to:
malfunctioning methylation cycle => poor functioning immune system => lots of viral problems.

My wife had several: epstein barr, pneumonia, some others I can't recall. It would take her a week to get over a 24 hour stomach bug going around.

I have always simplified it to:
malfunctioning methylation cycle => poor functioning immune system => lots of viral problems.

My wife had several: epstein barr, pneumonia, some others I can't recall. It would take her a week to get over a 24 hour stomach bug going around.

I generally agree with that, but I just can't figure out why I NEVER get sick. I got Shingles a few months ago.. and just found out that I have one of the many forms of HPV, but other than that I do not get sick. Never. Not even a sniffle. I haven't been sick in over 4 years and that was a 24 hour high fever thing that left as quickly as it came. So my immune system seems to be pretty great, but for the viral things. Boggles the mind.

Red04

I generally agree with that, but I just can't figure out why I NEVER get sick. I got Shingles a few months ago.. and just found out that I have one of the many forms of HPV, but other than that I do not get sick. Never. Not even a sniffle. I haven't been sick in over 4 years and that was a 24 hour high fever thing that left as quickly as it came. So my immune system seems to be pretty great, but for the viral things. Boggles the mind.

My wife had the opposite effect. Always sick. Several times a year in the doctor for steroids and antibiotics. A cold would last several weeks. ER for pnuemonia multiple times a year. Chronic sore throat and laryngitis. The doctors would just call it in without even seeing her.

After six months on the protocol, it was like "what the hell?!" you haven't been sick??? And then a year went by without going to a doctor for an illness....and then another....