• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Overseas patient seeks information on accommodation near Dr John Chia's clinic

My son has an appointment with Dr Chia and we will arrive in LA sometime in July. Any information on choice of accommodation would be much appreciated. Would prefer a quiet, furnished apartment to do our own cooking due to his many food intolerance.
Thanks.

26 days, including 2-3 weeks wait for lab results.

Is there a difference between having tests carried out at Labcorp or Quest laboratory?

Booked an apartment with full kitchen in Hawthorne Blvd. Hope the location is not noisy, otherwise I'm
in big trouble as son is hypersensitive to noise. Ear muffs not an option because it makes his blocked
nose very painful. :(

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
Is there a difference between having tests carried out at Labcorp or Quest laboratory?

If the doctor gives specific instructions about which lab to use, it's best to follow them exactly (hopefully you can manage this with whatever financial or insurance arrangements you may have). Some labs are better (more reliable) than others at running particular tests.

Valentijn

Booked an apartment with full kitchen in Hawthorne Blvd. Hope the location is not noisy, otherwise I'min big trouble as son is hypersensitive to noise. Ear muffs not an option because it makes his blocked nose very painful. :(
It's a HUGE road. 4 lanes in each direction.

When I'm having noise issues, I use a little fan for white noise to drown out background sounds. You can probably pick one up in the area for $10-15.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
26 days, including 2-3 weeks wait for lab results.

Booked an apartment with full kitchen in Hawthorne Blvd. Hope the location is not noisy, otherwise I'm
in big trouble as son is hypersensitive to noise. Ear muffs not an option because it makes his blocked
nose very painful. :(

You might want to look at your accommodation on Google earth or maps.google. You can see photographs of the building, street, neighborhood and move to different views with your mouse. If it is a chain of long-term stay hotels others might be able to give you feedback if they have stayed at one of them. Valentijn mentioned a fan for white noise. You can also get small white noise machines that play sounds of your choice--like waves on a beach, rain, etc.

Also if you can find any PR members who are close to where you will be saying, I'd contact them just to have someone to turn to if you have questions or problems.

Best wishes, this is a difficult trip!
Sushi

When I traveled to Cleveland for medical treatment last year, I booked a room through Airbnb.com. I chose to stay with a couple in their home near the Cleveland Clinic. One of them worked at the facility and generously gave me a ride to and from the clinic each day. They were wonderful! There are also listings on the website to rent out an entire apartment or home. This is a very affordable option when traveling for medical care.

Andrew

I realize your situation might be different with lab tests, considering you live in a different country. But when I saw Chia they mailed me the requisitions for the tests. One series of tests had to be done by a special laboratory.

I assume Chia has seen other people who came from far away. Maybe the office can offer you some advice.