• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My Personal Cancer Plan - An informed Choice...

golden

I think individual, informed choice is paramount for ME.

I respect that not everyone wants this and wants to accept what tgeir first Doctor tells them about Cancer.

Do you know, this is often not mention, but I also think that if a patient emphatically does NOT want to be informed of side effects etc. they should not be forced.

An example of this would be My Mother. When she was diagnosed with Cancer, she had to swallow a dye for a scan. The Doctors forced her to read the side effects before signing the form to remove all responsibility from the Doctors, even though she didnt want to know a possible side effect was death.

That marks a generational difference I think. Its a fascinating history and the internet is speeding up patient empowerment I think by individuals sharing their knowledge and experience.

My Mothers treatment started me off by seriously considering my own personal Cancer route, should I need one, focoupled with my experience of M.E. and patients like 'Sophia' sectioned for refusing psychological therapy fir her physical illness, M.E.

Then, that intensified when I witnessed and researched what happened to Sally Roberts and her little boy, Neon.

Whether opting for a mostly meat diet, or a plant based diet, or raw meat or raw plants... one haz to be comfortable with those choices.

Dr. Vernon Coleman has written in his health letter, his Cancer Plan shpuld he ever need it. I think its got a little something in it for everyone, however this closely matches my own plan.

http://www.vernoncoleman.com/wiwd.htm

golden

It was a clumsy, opening post...which I may or may not polish at a later date....

but yeah, i found the article practical. :)

I have been looking everwhere for Dr.Myhills article on the links between breast Cancer and Dairy produce. It seems like the GMC have ordered it to be removed???

I wonder if anyone has a copy?

http://rense.com/general35/av.htm

I thought this interesting information too...

I can only bring one link at a time to the forum!!! :) So I am going to get my top x5 most useful links to me...

golden

http://neonappeal.co.uk/alternatives/

This is Sally Roberts website for her son Neon.

The NHS does fund proton beam therapy and includes travel and accommodation for the family, however she was not offered it. This is what she is currently trying to fund as it is targeted, high tech therapy.

golden

This gives me helpful insight too:

http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Cancer_-_the_principles_of_prevention_and_treatment

On this page, I found a NEW link at the bottom, under the External Link heading called:

CANCER DECISIONS

It looks like it has loads of info there. :)

I get the New Monthly magazine called:

What Doctors Dont Tell You, some of it is written by Doctors :) it has lots of helpful tips that I have already put into practice and found helpful :)

golden

I would demand from doctors the

Absolute risk of a treatment as opposed to the Relative Risk ...

Absolute vs relative risk statistics probably merit their own thread

As far as I can understand, an example maybe chemotherapy.

I am told it will improve my chances by 50%.

This is only the relative risk.

The absolute risk and real chance of it helping me is 2%

http://www.icnr.com/articles/ischemotherapyeffective.html

This seems to be a widespread tactic used with all drugs.

I wonder if this includes C.B.T. for M.E. ?

I also wonder what other tactics are used? An easy to understand bullet point list maybe useful for discerning data accurately.

sianrecovery

I just talked to my brother about whether or not he's going to do 'palliative' chemotherapy. That article really shocked me; I had no idea the figures were so poor. I'm not sure I understand the relative v absolute risk thing - would anyone like to explain it in very basic terms?

golden

sianrecovery,

i sincerely empathise.

after they had misdiagnoses my mothers cancer as cystitis, followed by tilted womb, only for another doctor to examine her and diagnose definately not tilted womb, and so on.. she was finally diagnosed with terminal bladder cancer and told palliative chem would quite possibly give her two years.

these are not easy decisions and are in my opinion being deliberately clouded.

i second your request for anyone to simplify (NOT stupify) the information as i am muddling through it all

on a painful wing and tired prayer.

wishing you both everything you need.

golden

Western medical doctors don't believe in their own system. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203918304577243321242833962.html

Personally I would go with some of the "alternative cancer" or "holistic cancer" treatments. This one in particular
http://kaabi.hubpages.com/hub/Hemp-Oil-Cancer-Cure

SickOfSickness,

When i read your links, it reminded me of a tv interview I saw on a Uk morning chat show called This Morning.

It was about a young man diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour. He was choosing alternativ treatments and the story sensationalised by the fact that his Dad was a Doctor and his Mum used to be a Nurse.

I was a bit frowny at the time when he mentioned his treatment was cannabis. And I didnt understand at all.

I have dug out a newspaper link to his story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...in-tumour-insists-faith-healing-cure-him.html

Its not a miracle story or anything - just I found it interesting -

that was His cancer plan.

But I have just realised I adore Hemp seeds - I think they are amazing, healing food.

Its nice to come across others who consider alternative medicine.

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
I often wonder if most doctors refuse to tell patients that chemo and radiation are not going to cure them because they are afraid of lawsuits that would incur if the patient chose not to get chemo based on what the doctor told them.

My husbands Aunt was sick with bladder cancer and they never told her that it was too late to save her and all chemo might do is extend her life for a few months. She only learned this later.

My cancer plan would include one thing for sure: the right to refuse treatment like chemo if there was no longer a chance it would be a cure. And, the right to know what my chances are (in a percentage). I've already discussed this with my husband. I have been sick to long; thus, If I get cancer that has metastisized, I am going to refuse treatment.

golden

Cant help but wonder if Doctors recommend chemo etc. to make money too?

I read Louise Hay was let off the hook by her Doctors who were pressurising her to do the cancer regime, when she told them she needed time to gain funds. They gave her 3 months. In that time, she cured herself. I cant remember all the details or if ger Cancer was incurable, i will try to research it.

In contrast though is the 'free' NHS who try to force themselves onto me at any given opportunity.

I think I will need a living will because with having M.E. I feel particularly vulnerable to being abused by the Medical Profession

I also trying to decipher the 'code' of statistics.

When I see 'cure' - this just means 5 years, and when I see a figure shch as 40%, is this the absolute or relative risk? for example.

I think in The Cancer Tutor it states rules 1,2 &3 are not to try to treat Cancer by myself and rules 4,5 &6 are to find a Doctor.

I would agree with this, I would definately align myself with an Alternative Medicine Doctor.

I have thought to look up what Mercola says about Cancer!

He has lots of links :

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...ul-truth-about-outlawed-cancer-treatment.aspx

I wish that here in the UK there was an Alternative Cancer Medicine treatment centre :-(

I think Bristol Cancer centre maybe tge closest thing we have?

golden

We dont need a treatment centre. Here is some good information about alternative v conventional treatment of cancer.

http://www.rifeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1951

I`ve got my device ready.

:) Thanks for the link Brenda.

I think I will need to become a member of the forum to access the info...shouldnt be too hard to join.

I think personally, I would need the re-assurance of an Alternative Doctor just as another face to ask questions of and check I am doing it right. Cancer is a complex, individual thing maybe.

I have emailed the Penny Brohn Bristol Cancer Centre to ask 1) for them to explain absolute and relative risk statistics to me. 2) Why thus isnt easily accessible information on their website 3) If they do Alternative Medicine or just Complimentary Medicibe and 4) If they offer The Gerson Therapy.

I have emailed The Gerson Therapy who told me my first step should be getting their book. I did not know this therapy is for a lot of other illness too. Just getting all the information about the blinkin' JUICER is OVERWHELMING !!!

I believe that there are similar problems with the rife machines..... Happy to hear you have yours :)

Of course, money is an issue here too! :-(

brenda

Hi golden

Sorry didn`t know you had to join to view. But the article(s) are worth it. A must read. My rife cost about £50 and the members on that site helped me fix it up from my computer. One of them has a cancer clinic in NZ that treats this way. I have treated a number of conditions with it, acute infections that is - lyme takes more time.

golden

Hi golden

Sorry didn`t know you had to join to view. But the article(s) are worth it. A must read. My rife cost about £50 and the members on that site helped me fix it up from my computer. One of them has a cancer clinic in NZ that treats this way. I have treated a number of conditions with it, acute infections that is - lyme takes more time.

I will! :) Thanks. The world has a lot to offer.

golden

http://www.thenewmedicine.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=108&Itemid=155

I was trying to subscribe to What Doctors Dont Tell You on-line so I could get more access to Research etc...
Only to discover my Card was declined for the £4.80 - as there musnt be enough money in my bank lol

I have seen an article from here discussing absolute versus relative risk stats in my last magazine but my neighbour snatched it.
The Guardian says they 'provide Scientific material in an easy to digest format' Just what I need :)

I found this Doctir in the UK on the link above too. As I might be speaking too soon, but The Bristol Cancer Centre looks to me to be the equivalent of C.B.T. for M.E. :(

I havent got the energy to go to a University Library and start ordering medical journals on treatments :(

brenda

Here is the introduction to the article I have linked to give a taste. It is well worth reading the whole. It gives a complete picture of wht goes on in the orthdox world so that you can make an educated choice.

Introduction to Alternative Cancer Treatments
by R. Webster Kehr, Published 8/24/2004

An Introduction

Suppose two men go to the same doctor on the same day. Suppose the doctor runs some tests and several days later calls both of them back into his office (with their wives) and separately announces to each of them that they have Stage 3 pancreatic cancer. Both men are given between 9 and 15 months to live.

Let's call these two men Alan and Bill. Let us consider the responses of both of these men.

Alan's response: "Doctor, I had no idea I had cancer, what do you want me to do, I will do anything you ask!"

Bill's response: "Oh, good, I'm glad it is nothing serious. I will go home and take care of it myself."

What is the difference between these two men? The difference is knowledge.

One of the key purposes of this article is to convince people to study alternative cancer treatments before they are diagnosed with cancer. Why is this important? There are two reasons this is important.

First, you should know that natural medicine (i.e. alternative medicine) has a much higher cure rate for cancer than orthodox medicine. Much higher!! But even for those who do not survive, those on natural medicine almost always (except in rare cases) have a much longer life and always have a much higher quality of life while they are being treated!!

Second, you should know that if you want to get the most benefit from alternative medicine you need to do two things. You need to do your homework - lots of it - and you need to avoid the severe damage done by orthodox treatments to your body - especially to your immune system.

In other words, your best chance of survival is to study natural medicine for yourself, and totally avoid the orthodox treatments of surgery,
chemotherapy and radiation.

Please take an hour of your time to read this article about some of the evidence for alternative cancer treatments. Then you can decide for yourself whether my advice is good.

Continued in the following posts

brenda

The Four Parts of Any Truth Table

If you are married, there is a greater than 60% probability that either you or your spouse (or both) is going to be diagnosed with cancer in your lifetimes! That percentage keeps going up!

Perhaps, whether you have cancer or not, you wanted to know the truth about whether alternative cancer treatments or orthodox cancer treatments were more effective, safer, less painful, etc. If you understood the process of finding the truth, you would go through the four steps of the "truth table."
1) Learn the good things about orthodox cancer treatments, from the orthodox medicine supporters.
2) Learn the bad things about alternative cancer treatments, from the orthodox medicine supporters.
and you would (this line represents the symbolic "fence" between orthodox medicine and alternative medicine):
3) Learn the good things about alternative cancer treatments, from the alternative medicine supporters.
4) Learn the bad things about orthodox cancer treatments, from the alternative medicine supporters.

On one side of the "fence" are the people who represent orthodox medicine, who will gladly tell you the good things about orthodox medicine and the bad things about alternative medicine. On the other side of the fence are the alternative medicine representatives.
If you were an expert on what the people on both sides of the fence were saying (i.e. you were an expert in all four items in the truth table), then you would be in a position to make an intelligent decision about which side has the best treatments.
The problem is that when people have heard the good things about orthodox medicine, from the orthodox medicine supporters, and they have heard the bad things about alternative medicine, from the orthodox medicine supporters, they think they are experts on both subjects!! But they are not experts in either subject because they have not heard a word from the alternative medicine supporters!!!
While this sounds like a simple concept, it is virtually impossible for the average person to comprehend. Why should they listen to people they have been told all their life not to listen to? I am going to repeat that last paragraph:
The problem is that when people have heard the good things about orthodox medicine, from the orthodox medicine supporters, and they have heard the bad things about alternative medicine, from the orthodox medicine supporters, they think they are experts on both subjects!! But they are not experts in either subject because they have not heard a word from the alternative medicine supporters!!!
Here is the eternal truth: If orthodox medicine supporters (e.g. the American Cancer Society) will lie to you about how good orthodox cancer treatments are, then the orthodox medicine supporters (e.g. quackwatch) will also lie to you about how bad alternative cancer treatments are!!! That is why you don't know the truth about either orthodox cancer treatments or alternative cancer treatments!!
Thousands of times you have heard how wonderful orthodox doctors are via: shows such as M*A*S*H, Marcus Welby, MD, other doctor and hospital TV shows, news programs, magazines, advertisements, etc. These things naturally transfer to you believing that orthodox cancer treatments must also be wonderful (i.e. truth table #1). And you have no doubt heard dozens of bad things about alternative cancer treatments (truth table #2). Notice from the above table that both of these items come from orthodox medicine supporters. In other words, you have heard all of these things from the same side of the fence.
You have probably never heard anything bad about orthodox cancer treatments (truth table #4), and in all likelihood you have never heard anything good about alternative cancer treatments (truth table #3). Why haven't you heard very much, if anything, from alternative medicine supporters?

When you have only heard from the people on one side of the fence for your entire life, you should wonder why!
  • "An educated person is one who has learned that information almost always turns out to be at best incomplete and very often false, misleading, fictitious, mendacious - just dead wrong."
    Russell Wayne Baker (1947 - ) American Journalist
Is what you hear in the media based on who has the most truth or is it based on who has the most money?
To demonstrate just how one-sided your information has been, answer these two questions. First, when was the last time you saw a dramatic show on a major television network where the hero was an alternative medicine practitioner who was making alternative cancer treatments look safe and effective? Second, name 10 of the most effective alternative cancer treatments?
What you are about to read will contradict everything you have heard in your life. Your natural reaction at times will be disbelief. But if you are willing to spend the next hour reading this article (i.e. about truth table #3 and truth table #4), it could very well lead to a journey that will save your life or the life of a loved one!
This is a public service website, so I have no financial interest in your decision. However, after studying all four parts of the above truth table for hundreds of hours, I am certain it will be in your best interests to continue reading.
Before going on, let us first clarify a key point. Some readers probably think that this article is about comparing:
1) Orthodox treatments, enhanced or complemented with alternative treatments (called "complementary medicine"), versus
2) Orthodox treatments without alternative treatments.
While this would be an interesting topic, it has nothing to do with this article.
This article is about comparing:
1) Orthodox treatments without alternative treatments, versus,
2) Alternative treatments without orthodox treatments. In other words, this article is about using alternative cancer treatments, meaning the use of natural substances, instead of orthodox treatments. Welcome to truth table #3 and truth table #4. You need to start thinking about natural substances as a complete, stand-alone
treatment for cancer.