• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Canadians, invite yor MP to this breakfast in Ottawa

Kati

Patient in training
image.jpg

This is a Golden opportunity to increase awareness and tell our MP's about the neglect. Please write to your MP and ask them to RSVP and attend.

Many thanks to ME/FM Action, Gordon Broderick, Dr Carolyn Bennett and other volunteers.

Kati

Patient in training
@Gginges, I can answer this because I have exchanged messages with the MP who came up with the idea. Members of Parliament are busy bunchesand most of them have eening engagement or need family time. according to Dr Bennett, the best way to reach them is to pay for their meal (!) and organize a breakfast.

The timing of is is likely to be before the opening of the proeedings at the House of Commons.

The poster does not make it very clear but it is aimed at MP's at the House of Commons.

Sparrow

Done, and I have passed it on to other patients I know as well. Thank you for posting this.

I just did a quick Google search for MP and my home area, and got his e-mail right away. There were two MP's listed, but it was clearly marked which one was at the House of Commons address.

The more people they hear from the better. Hopefully we can help them realize that this is a major issue that affects many of the voters in their areas.

waiting

Done.

Kati, you are quick ... I don't even see this posted yet on the National ME/FM action Network's website! Thank you.

Ember

Could this invitation be posted in a format that's readable without logging in? Many who aren't members visit this site.

Kati

Patient in training
Done.

Kati, you are quick ... I don't even see this posted yet on the National ME/FM action Network's website! Thank you.

I saw it circulating on FB. Truly, this meeting is a great awareness event but its success will depend on attendance.