• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Is this post exercise malaise?

Ocean

This was corrected for me after I started midodrine and florinef (OI treatment). I think my PEM varies too and it used to be as fast as yours. In my opinion I think PEM is after ANY activity, exercise included.
Do those help with keeping exacerbation of CFS symptoms as part of PEM at bay too, or did it only help with muscle issues, etc? If it helps with preventing PEM in general I would be very interested in trying it. I do have OI too.

Seven7

Seven
Do those help with keeping exacerbation of CFS symptoms as part of PEM at bay too, or did it only help with muscle issues, etc? If it helps with preventing PEM in general I would be very interested in trying it. I do have OI too.
I am still learning about when to increase salt and how to take the meds. But example, I can do like a supermarket trip when before I couldn't. I have not gone paralyzed (bad crash) since I have been on it. It mainly helps to be vertical, also with that muscle fatigue feeling I get in legs like when I go up a flight of stairs (Now I can go up and not think about it).

I don't get sick easily at small exertion so it allows me to do much more. I still cannot run, I avoid bending over and like cleaning a house. Everything else I do. Is hard to explain, I still have CFS but before I had to calculate every little step. Example if I needed to go upstairs is like "OH God I have to go up" and it was like a project. Now is like oh I need this from upstairs and I just go get it. Is like normal things are more mechanical instead of a big deal. Not sure if it make sense.

Ocean

I am still learning about when to increase salt and how to take the meds. But example, I can do like a supermarket trip when before I couldn't. I have not gone paralyzed (bad crash) since I have been on it. It mainly helps to be vertical, also with that muscle fatigue feeling I get in legs like when I go up a flight of stairs (Now I can go up and not think about it).

I don't get sick easily at small exertion so it allows me to do much more. I still cannot run, I avoid bending over and like cleaning a house. Everything else I do. Is hard to explain, I still have CFS but before I had to calculate every little step. Example if I needed to go upstairs is like "OH God I have to go up" and it was like a project. Now is like oh I need this from upstairs and I just go get it. Is like normal things are more mechanical instead of a big deal. Not sure if it make sense.
Thanks Inester. Has it helped to just prevent muscle fatigue or also prevents viral PEM symptoms? I am in a crash with viral type symptoms now, which is why I asked. If meds could help prevent that it would be great.