• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Low blood glucose?

Anyone else have blood test that shows very low glucose level? A month ago my daughter's test came back at 54 which the doctor said was low. She was just tested again and her result came back as 25 (which is extremely low!) (and yes, they tested it again to make sure that it is correct). I have a call in to the doctor now to see what to do but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

My daughter has been on Famvir for 3 months but as far as I can tell by reading the literature, this is not a side effect of the drug. Any ideas?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Anyone else have blood test that shows very low glucose level? A month ago my daughter's test came back at 54 which the doctor said was low. She was just tested again and her result came back as 25 (which is extremely low!) (and yes, they tested it again to make sure that it is correct). I have a call in to the doctor now to see what to do but I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

My daughter has been on Famvir for 3 months but as far as I can tell by reading the literature, this is not a side effect of the drug. Any ideas?

Have you done the 3 or 4 hour fasting glucose tolerance test? (even better if they test insulin as well). Morning fasting glucose does not really give the picture. My morning glucose is always fine but I'll drop to 35 or 40 on a 3 hour glucose tolerance test.

Best wishes,
Sushi

Plum

I am curious as to what her diet is and what she eats in a day and how it makes her feel. I have low fasting insulin when on strict Paleo which is meant to be a good thing.
I would've thought fasting glucose was a better test than a 1 off.