• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

DMSO for Sinusitis?

Ema

Does anyone know the proper concentration of DMSO to use either in a nebulizer or in the nostril directly to treat chronic sinusitis?

Thanks!
Ema

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Sorry cant answer your question, but i found a source for bactroban nasal spray(which has been hard and compounding pharmacy would charge me a firtune to make something like this), so i will talk this over with my doc. I think in combo with oral abx and abx spray it might have a better affect, i hope so.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Does anyone know the proper concentration of DMSO to use either in a nebulizer or in the nostril directly to treat chronic sinusitis?

Thanks!
Ema

Do you have a source for a pure DMSO? That is what has concerned me. And that it will cause you to absorb anything else that it is in contact with--like from your hands.

Sushi

Ema

Do you have a source for a pure DMSO? That is what has concerned me. And that it will cause you to absorb anything else that it is in contact with--like from your hands.

Sushi
I think so. It came from my doctor and it froze solid in my closet. Apparently that is a good sign of purity but I am new to all this DMSO business.

I was planning to dilute it with sterile saline.

Ema

I think so. It came from my doctor and it froze solid in my closet. Apparently that is a good sign of purity but I am new to all this DMSO business.

I was planning to dilute it with sterile saline.
I should also point out that it is for a friend of mine which is why I want to make sure to get it right!

sianrecovery

I asked this of a guy running a health food store in Sedona. I use a collodial silver/DMSO spray from my ME doc here in the UK, and wanted to start making my own. I have found it very helpful with dental infections. He said with the silver, fifty fifty. But in truth, I have no idea. Will ask the pharmacist who makes it up what her concentrations are.