• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stomach?

Fuzzyhead

I have been having nausea, loose bowels, fatigue, no appetite, headaches etc. Also when I eat I feel i need to burp a lot after and when I burp I get a pain in the right side of my back. Also after I have eaten my face seems to flush up and I feel hot. I was diagnosed a few years ago with acid reflux, ibs, mild gastritis after an endoscopy and sigmoidoscopy but I have been taking lansarozapole since. I also have a gallstone that isn't obstructing anything and hasn't moved in the last 10 yrs.
Anyone have anything similar?

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I have been having nausea, loose bowels, fatigue, no appetite, headaches etc. Also when I eat I feel i need to burp a lot after and when I burp I get a pain in the right side of my back. Also after I have eaten my face seems to flush up and I feel hot. I was diagnosed a few years ago with acid reflux, ibs, mild gastritis after an endoscopy and sigmoidoscopy but I have been taking lansarozapole since. I also have a gallstone that isn't obstructing anything and hasn't moved in the last 10 yrs.
Anyone have anything similar?

Yes, I have had all of those symptoms at times, although headaches have been mild and not common. I think they are all usually a sign that I have over-exerted myself. I had IBS for many years before developing ME, and I think this is often the case, and is one of many pieces of evidence for the leaky gut theory.

I have been significantly better after cutting out gluten, reducing sugar and grains, and pacing more carefully.

Fuzzyhead

I have had m.e for 12 years and usually only get bad if I over exert myself too but I have had all these since November and I just don't feel well at all.
How do you know if you have leaky gut?

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
I have had m.e for 12 years and usually only get bad if I over exert myself too but I have had all these since November and I just don't feel well at all.
How do you know if you have leaky gut?

Oooh - that's a big question! I'm not sure if there are any tests that docs will do - maybe someone else knows. I've just assumed that I have it as my history, symptoms and response to dietary change are consistent with it, and the scientific evidence for leaky gut being a cause of ME seems strong - see the thread(s) here on leaky gut.

ME is notorious for producing different symptoms over time, leading people (including me) to think that they have something new.

Tristen

Yes, there are a few labs that do the Lactulose/Manitol test to diagnose Leaky Gut Syndrome. I did the last one through what used to be called the Great Smokey Mountains Labs....now called Genova. There are others.

http://www.gdx.net/

globalpilot

That really sounds like a histamine reaction. Have you heard of histamine intolerance ? An inability to break down histamine that is normally released during digestion and other processes in the body.