• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nexavir vs liver glandular

Plum

Hi

My question for today is to anyone who's looked into Nexavir. As it's made from pig's liver, why could you not take a freeze dried liver glandular?
On this page: http://phoenixrising.me/treating-cf...e-syndrome-mecfs-nexavir-formerly-kutapressin

Nexavir apparently costs $500/month - wowzers! When I last looked into some liver glandular here in the UK I think it was about £20. And yes it's good quality.

What are people's thoughts on this? Is there something else in Nexavir I'm not aware of? Or is it supper doopa concentrated?

Hip

The Nexavir available from Kalida in the Netherlands (this version of the drug is called "4ME") costs around €145 ($190) a month (assuming you take the injections every other day, which is the normal protocol for long term use).

I took 4ME for 3½ months, and did find some improvements in fatigue, and interestingly, also improvements in sociability (my desire to socialize and to go out).

These improvements were welcome, but since they were not spectacular, I am not sure if 4ME is worth the money in my case, which is why I stopped 4ME for the moment. Though I do wonder if further benefits in symptoms might accrue after taking 4ME for say 6 to 12 months.

In one study, ME/CFS patients were given Nexavir for a total of 180 days, and this study reported a 42% remission rate in these patients at the end of this course of Nexavir treatment.1 That figure seems exaggerated, and I am not sure how they defined the CFS inclusion criteria in the study, but it does suggest that you need to do at least 6 months on Nexavir.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi

My question for today is to anyone who's looked into Nexavir. As it's made from pig's liver, why could you not take a freeze dried liver glandular?
On this page: http://phoenixrising.me/treating-cf...e-syndrome-mecfs-nexavir-formerly-kutapressin

Nexavir apparently costs $500/month - wowzers! When I last looked into some liver glandular here in the UK I think it was about £20. And yes it's good quality.

What are people's thoughts on this? Is there something else in Nexavir I'm not aware of? Or is it supper doopa concentrated?

I take Nexavir and I believe that injected Nexavir (or 4 ME) is quite different than taking an oral gladular. It works against viruses. I think my doc would be giving me freeze dried liver glandular if the research showed that it had the same effect.

My insurance pays most of the cost.

Sushi