• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Luteolin

ramakentesh

Hi curious if anyone has tried this potent anti-oxidant, suppressor of cerebral cytokines and many other effects.

Hip

I have, at doses of up to 300 mg, though typically I take around 80 mg daily. It does help a bit with reducing brain inflammation, and as a result, reduces anxiety symptoms. A dose of around 300 mg of luteolin will reduce IL-6 by a massive 90%.1

Though nothing beats the power of N-acetylglucosamine.

Rand56

It's terribly expensive though. Anyone know a good source?

I don't know a good source of pure luteolin, but apparently it is in artichoke extract. This seemed to be the source of choice for it and it's PDE-4 inhibitor properties for the folks at Longecity doing the CILTEP stack.

Hip

Thank you hip that is great information. I wonder - do you have oi and any benefit?

I have a a bit of POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome), but I did not test to see if luteolin improves it.