• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFS documentary

JenB

I am starting research for a documentary film on ME/CFS. I'm looking for a few PWC's and/or their families to participate.

I have CFS, and have been documenting my experience with video for many months. I would like to incorporate the stories of several other PWCs.

If you think you have a story to share, and are interested in telling it, PM me for more details. And if you happen to know anyone who works professionally in film (in any capacity), and may have a passion for ME/CFS or health in general, drop me a line!

I know a Lyme advocacy group created a documentary called Under Our Skin that was done professionally. (The producer's sister was diagnosed with Lyme).
Maybe check who shot it for them and use the same group.

Good luck as this could be very useful
Lo

JenB

Thanks for the suggestion. I think it's a great idea to contact the folks involved with Under Our Skin.

justinreilly

Under Our Skin was a great movie. We need our own version of it, for sure. I was so bummed when What About ME? got cancelled.

Of course, they are costly to produce at that level. I was filmed a couple of days ago for a doc on the psych DSM-5, called A Dangerous Man. I tried my best to convey the problems with the new Somatic Symptom Disorder for pwME and the public in general. In any event, the producer said that he projected the documentary would cost $500k, which is not financed by a studio (until and if it is bought by a studio).

Who knows though, maybe the Under Our Skin folks would be sympathetic to us because of their similar situation with Lyme. I didn't know the producer had a sister w Lyme.

I am in ny. I will pm you.

Sing

Nowadays the public needs a film or a TV special or interview in order to find out what is going on. People don't read print, or it doesn't sink in, as much. So I hope this film can be made--even if low budget--and maybe it will go far, or if not, be a stepping stone to another film, TV special or interview which will. I do feel we need more public pressure....

Old Salt

Rowing the boat
Under Our Skin was a great movie. We need our own version of it, for sure. I was so bummed when What About ME? got cancelled.

Of course, they are costly to produce at that level. I was filmed a couple of days ago for a doc on the psych DSM-5, called A Dangerous Man. I tried my best to convey the problems with the new Somatic Symptom Disorder for pwME and the public in general. In any event, the producer said that he projected the documentary would cost $500k, which is not financed by a studio (until and if it is bought by a studio).

Who knows though, maybe the Under Our Skin folks would be sympathetic to us because of their similar situation with Lyme. I didn't know the producer had a sister w Lyme.

I am in ny. I will pm you.
Lacking any difinitive test, how can you say CFS/ME isn't Lyme?