• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NUTRITIONAL STUDY ON SULFUR METHYLATION/GLUTATHION B12

Hi, I have been working on trying to improve my energy/detoxification, and researching the high sulfate levels. My homocysteine levels are low, and I'm still working on this diet. My doc does not seem to be a lot of help as he tells me not to eat sulfur/low glycemic/not too many fats, hmmm what's left.

If anyone can comment on this study, it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I'm just tired, but it sounds like we're just *****confused:confused:

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/4/1/24

Thanks, Dfox

evy

I am just delving into the sulfates world (mercy, there is so much to learn!) as my daughter with mthfr/CFIDS/ME issues is getting more and more allergic to all sulfur-ish things. Now she can't even SMELL onions anymore....ugg!

Freddd

Hi, I have been working on trying to improve my energy/detoxification, and researching the high sulfate levels. My homocysteine levels are low, and I'm still working on this diet. My doc does not seem to be a lot of help as he tells me not to eat sulfur/low glycemic/not too many fats, hmmm what's left.

If anyone can comment on this study, it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I'm just tired, but it sounds like we're just *****confused:confused:

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/4/1/24

Thanks, Dfox

Hi Dfox,

This study has to do with low sulfer, possible theraputic effects of non organic sulfer in those with poor dietary intake (low protein contenst of the essential sulphur containing amino acids). A take away that may be of interest to anybody here taking acetanminophin is that 4 grams of APAP can cause a sulpher shortage in vegetarians of various types, eldery eating small amount of protein and certain other low sulpher/protein diet types. It points at some glutathione roles as well.

It could account why people lose muscle mass, why glucosimine and condroitin are effective in some and not others for pain in the joints.

evy

Hi Dfox,

This study has to do with low sulfer, possible theraputic effects of non organic sulfer in those with poor dietary intake (low protein contenst of the essential sulphur containing amino acids). A take away that may be of interest to anybody here taking acetanminophin is that 4 grams of APAP can cause a sulpher shortage in vegetarians of various types, eldery eating small amount of protein and certain other low sulpher/protein diet types. It points at some glutathione roles as well.

It could account why people lose muscle mass, why glucosimine and condroitin are effective in some and not others for pain in the joints.

Interesting, Fred. Thanks for posting that :)

evy

Hi Dfox,

Thanks Fred, Is 4 grams of APAP acetaminophen?
Dfox