• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I am banned from healthpost.ca

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

That is the message that I got when I went to www.healthpost.ca

My cognition has really been affected by this illness, so I just do short simple blurbs. I try and post when and where I can. I have contacted health candaa several times, gotten NO RESPONSE. I also contacted BC CDC who had not heard of XMRV. I got an email back from a head doctor there who said to contact him in February.

I joined healthpost.ca, where there is no group for CFS/FM, I wrote and asked if they could add it. No response.

I posted a few posts of XMRV, please take a look, one was in response to "kever" in depression room. I gave him posts to whittemore and prohealth --he complained of pain and was a veteran. I posted about XMRV

Now I am banned!!!
I don,t know if they deleted my posts
my nic there is also glenp

glenp

www.healthpost.ca

K

Khalyal

That's odd...

It looks like they removed your posts, Glenp. I wonder what that's all about??

I'm sorry that happened to you.
K

K

Katie

Maybe we should flashmob them with loads of posts in relevant areas under names with XMRV in them about XMRV and agreeing with each other about XMRV and mentioning XMRV with links to XMRV information and the WPI who found XMRV in CFS patients. XMRV. :D

Nah, I doubt that's the mature thing to do, not that I've done many immature things in my life as I've always been a little too sensible for my own good.

It's outrageous that they should ban you and give no reason, hopefully the treatment you've had will warn other people off.

MEG

Fibromyalgia forum?
by glenp 12-08-2009 12:00 AM

I just found this at HealthPost.ca

Is it possible they made a mistake? There were about a dozen supportive comments of people asking for a FM page...I think it was a dozen(brain fog) maybe more...so you certainly had support.

I hope you can resolve this...but in the mentime, Welcome to our forums!

MEG

I dug a little deeper and there are five stars next to your name and forum request...yep!
hten you click on glenp and it does say "banned"....wierd.

Welcome here!

Kati

Patient in training
Banned

OMG Glenna, this is outrageous!

I checked out their groups there, and between broken hearted, to "penis" :eek: to dating and heart attack, I don't know what's wrong with this people that they would refuse to add a forum on chronic fatigue syndrome.

My take is that this is not a real serious forum, and it's probably aimed at collecting e-mails and sending publicity in your e-mail box.

MEKoan

There is something very peculiar about that forum. There is no way to access a page that explains who they are or why they exist.

They clearly want to be mistaken as part of "Health Canada" which is our government's official health arm and has a presence on the www.

They have nothing to do with Health Canada at all! They just don't pass my sniff test.

Very sorry Glenp! But, you really made a difference to someone on that forum! They will find a better place to get information.

I think you may be well out of that forum!

I wonder who they really are.

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
you guys know my posts

glenp,

Er, you didn't, even in a sort of off-handed sort of way, offer to "tune" one of their moderators up, did you? ;)

I really didn't say much

1 replied to kever in depression --take a look any of you would have done that, he is obviously suffering more then depression
2 seems to me I put a blob in the Aids room too
3 and another posting about ritalin --i posted about the off label use of dextroamphetamine for excessive daytime sleepiness

and you all know my posts do not go on nor do they attack anyone

It must have to be government regulated maybe like the information you would get from 811 - they allow no cfs fm or hmrv here

When you call 811 --they have to go by what is in their book

MEKoan

Glenp,

I don't see any indication that it has anything to do with any government. I don't think it's related, at all in any way, to Health Canada. I think they just hope people will think it is.

I think it should be reported to Health Canada and I will probably do so but I'm not sure what they can do about people using the words Health and Canada if they put Post in between them.

I'm going to look again to see if I can find out who owns them but I don't think there is any way to tell.

MEKoan

Glenp

I did a little research on fake forums and phishing. Apparently this is a problem so, if you gave them any information they might use, keep a close eye on things and watch the email address you used to sign up.

Since you committed no transgression except, maybe, leading a poster elsewhere but that's a stretch, I would keep an eye on anything they may have taken and may use now that you cannot report it to the general community on the forum - which may be the reason they booted you.

I am using an abundance of caution here but one of my email addresses was recently phished, hijacked and stuff was sent to everyone in my address book. I don't know how passwords work on forums and if mod.s can access them but, if you happened to use the same password on the forum that you use for the email, maybe change it.

Don't want to make you anxious but I would wonder about these people and I would take any precautions that may seem prudent just in case.

all the best to you, Glenp,
you know who :D