• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tamiflu Is Scary

margib

I just saw on CNN that tamiflu is not helpful anymore. If CNN reports it, I'm guessing it probably hasn't been helpful for a few years. If we keep mutating viruses, they're only going to get stronger!!!

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
take this with a grain of salt

I heard of someone with CFS recently (this will be a completely unsubstantiated rumor as I have NO memory of where I heard this) who took Tamiflu and had a significant decrease in her CFS symptoms while on it.

starryeyes

Wow, well, of course, something this toxic would help us. lol I've thought of trying it myself.

Btw gracenote, your sig is one of my favorite lines. I have it on a poster and it used to be on my wall facing my bed and I read that line every day and I have found that it's true for me too. :)

Min

That really is scary.

It made me itch like mad but did nothing for the 'flu.

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
signature lines

Btw gracenote, your sig is one of my favorite lines. I have it on a poster and it used to be on my wall facing my bed and I read that line every day and I have found that it's true for me too. :)

Hi teejkay. It made my heart sing the first time I saw it.

As to your signature line I wouldn't necessarily want it on a wall facing my bed, but what a brilliant way to get the word out!!! And soon (very soon), I will (yes I will), click on "Go." Will I be able to collect $200.00? ;)

A few months ago, I cleaned out my bookmark file the easy way my hard drive had a major malfunction and voila! a brand new fresh start. :)

Alesh

"I heard of someone with CFS recently (this will be a completely unsubstantiated rumor as I have NO memory of where I heard this) who took Tamiflu and had a significant decrease in her CFS symptoms while on it."

I tried Tamiflu without any effect in the past.

blackbird

caged.
Oh dear.

I should have looked at the site closer.
It's very strange.

The article you mentioned makes no sense. If 'Big Pharma' were in on this, why would they have supressed reasearch for decades?
And the site also has an article on the childhood trauma thing that looks like a press release from the researchers themselves.

Wonder if they have a tinfoil hat on their webserver?

starryeyes

lol, oops... i didn't realize that this is that "news" site. What is their purpose anyway? What weirdoes. :confused:

gracenote and all- Click on Go! Come on, I dare you. ;) Actually it took me a few seconds to fill it out. It's all done for you, you just write a line or 2 if you want to. But it needs Clicks!! FEED ME!!!! Don't forget to scroll down on the 2nd page after you click Go!

tee