• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CDSA Results

Hi everyone,

I got my results back from Genova's Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis. I've listed the results that were significant.

Pancreatic Insufficiency
Chymotrypsin: Low at 0.5 (0.9 - 26.8)
Pancreatic Elastase: Borderline low at 222 (>201)

Beneficial Bacteria
E Coli: NG (No growth)

Possible Pathogen (esp in high amounts)
Citrobacter braakii: High at +4 (NG - +4)
Citrobacter species: High at +4 (NG - +4)

For anyone who has had one or more of these issues, my questions are:

1. For the pancreas, are there any particular digestive enzymes you recommend?

2. Was there anything you did to support the growth of beneficial e coli? The one probiotic on the market that has this can only be purchased in Europe.

3. My ND recommened Tabit or Uva Ursi for combatting the Citrobacter, but the former has casein in it (which I have an intolerance to) and the latter has liver and gut implications. Has anyone had any success in addressing Citrobacter?

beaverfury

beaverfury
Hi everyone,

I got my results back from Genova's Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis. I've listed the results that were significant

Beneficial Bacteria
E Coli: NG (No growth)

2. Was there anything you did to support the growth of beneficial e coli? The one probiotic on the market that has this can only be purchased in Europe.

I have results of low E.coli, high enterococcus.

Apparently supplementing with galactose or fucose (sugars) helps support E.coli. So says Bioscreen, Uni of Melbourne.
Lactose free milk has high levels of galactose but you have intolerances to milk proteins. (That was my own solution as i couldnt find any galactose/fucose supps online.)

Bioscreen didn't recommend supplementing a different strain of E.coli with probiotics, but i did anyway, with Mutaflor.
This seemed to coincide with increased anxiety, but as i am taking many other potions its hard to tell what's what.

You should be able to source Mutaflor online, somewhere in the world. I got mine from biomedcafe, melbourne ( I think). Its tricky. Its got to be delivered cold.

Sorry i cant help more. My own gut is a mystery to me. Taking digestive enzymes and betaine HCL seems to help me.(iherb.com). VSL#3 is a super probiotic that had a good effect on my gut- but expensive.

Thanks beaverfury! (by the way, love your profile photo) I just started taking VSL #3. Glad to hear it's helping.

invisiblejungle

For digestive enzymes, you can do vegetarian (yeast-derived), porcine (pig pancreas), or both. Some good enzyme brands: Enzymedica, Doctor's Best, Jarrow's, Nutricology's pork pancreas glandular, and Amy Yasko's Holistic Heal.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Hi Taylorv, i also had low chymotrypisn in my Genova CDSA test last month. I am taking digestive enzymes for this - polyzyme forte - but i have only just started.

If you look up low chymotrypsin it is only connected to two diseases: Pancreatitis and cystic fibrosis. I don't know how this relates to our health. I have lung problems - lifelong more or less that has to be managed. How are your lungs?

I understand that Alpha Chymotrypsin can be taken as a supplement, but i havent looked into this fully as my ME doc says just to take the general enzymes.

http://worldofenzymes.info/enzymes-introduction/alpha-chymotrypsin/

All the best, Justy.

Hi beaverfury

I got same results as you just wondering what antibiotics did you take to lower the enterococcus. I had amoxill antibiotics whit not no improvement it looks like it is resistent to it.

Took mutaflora and did have bad reaction to it.

I have results of low E.coli, high enterococcus.

Apparently supplementing with galactose or fucose (sugars) helps support E.coli. So says Bioscreen, Uni of Melbourne.
Lactose free milk has high levels of galactose but you have intolerances to milk proteins. (That was my own solution as i couldnt find any galactose/fucose supps online.)

Bioscreen didn't recommend supplementing a different strain of E.coli with probiotics, but i did anyway, with Mutaflor.
This seemed to coincide with increased anxiety, but as i am taking many other potions its hard to tell what's what.

You should be able to source Mutaflor online, somewhere in the world. I got mine from biomedcafe, melbourne ( I think). Its tricky. Its got to be delivered cold.

Sorry i cant help more. My own gut is a mystery to me. Taking digestive enzymes and betaine HCL seems to help me.(iherb.com). VSL#3 is a super probiotic that had a good effect on my gut- but expensive.

beaverfury

beaverfury
Hi beaverfury

I got same results as you just wondering what antibiotics did you take to lower the enterococcus. I had amoxill antibiotics whit not no improvement it looks like it is resistent to it.

Took mutaflora and did have bad reaction to it.

Hi ,annacermakova

I am taking ampicillin for lyme disease which is also what bioscreen recommended for knocking down enterococcus.

My stomach has felt a lot better after taking the antibiotics. I also take a bioceuticals probiotic to lessen any chance of intestinal damage.

Apologies for delayed reply, i haven't been on the computer much lately.

Hi Beavefrury,

Good to hear that you have responded well too the antibiotics. When my problems started I thought I got Lyme too.

How are you coping with the treatment for lyme. I have heard that it is hard from beginning and then it gets better.

Will you retest with bioscreen to see if you have suppressed the enterococcus?

Anna