• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Past life regression - Heal M.E

Iquitos

Hi Iquitos.Thanks for sharing that.so you did it in meditation.Thats interesting.Ive only been meditating
for about 7 months now,so in another 39 and half years i might get there!

Ive been listening to a lot of radio programms about this recently,and im not that hopeful that plr could fix a DEEP deep
illness like this.I hope im wrong.

It's surely not going to fix it if it ISN'T a past life issue. IMO, it's a current life insult. I felt clear about that after my plr.

And I don't think you'd have to meditate that long to be able to do your own plr. I couldn't say how long, but remember this: you can open a door and step into another reality at any time. The hard part is getting past fear.

golden

I actually feel like meditation is a panacea and the b all and end all - not that i have ever got anywhere with it lol :)

Its probably the only true form of healing.

There are so many different styles of meditation now.

Seewell

It's surely not going to fix it if it ISN'T a past life issue. IMO, it's a current life insult. I felt clear about that after my plr.

And I don't think you'd have to meditate that long to be able to do your own plr. I couldn't say how long, but remember this: you can open a door and step into another reality at any time. The hard part is getting past fear.

FEAR - yes,i have stopped myself going there a couple of times !,and pulled back.
I will keep on trying,i know its hard sometimes with my ME to advance in my meditation.

Enid

Past life regression curing ME - isn't this one enough to deal with .... the past is gone, even if you believe in reincarnation.

Seewell

Past life regression curing ME - isn't this one enough to deal with .... the past is gone, even if you believe in reincarnation.

Hi Enid
i dont know if you have looked into this in any depth - but some people have been deeply healed through PLR.
The past is still part of us,in are soul..We are all entitled to are beliefs.

Enid

Then if you have get rid of it - do so - it is not your own life - nor will it heal you. I have studied Philosophy East and West for years and much greeted ancestors - their lives and mine. Seewell you are in the present - don't know where you are but here UK springs into life with bulbs and birds - ah and with much fun see my ancestor was Charlemagne - gotta go happily along with that (how's yours)

There is no such thing as regression (unless you have a problem) - there is now and forward only.

Seewell

If thats the way you feel,respect to you.

I know who i am.
Im looking out the window,its a Beautiful world too,right here,right now.

Enid

Enjoy it Seewell as you are able and as slowly your capicities will increase.

Iquitos

Hi Enid
i dont know if you have looked into this in any depth - but some people have been deeply healed through PLR.
The past is still part of us,in are soul..We are all entitled to are beliefs.

Yes, all time is Now, including the future. We just have a very hard time sensing anything but our current consensus reality. The three blind men describing their encounters with an elephant comes to mind as an illustration of just how limited our five senses are.

Seewell

Yes, all time is Now, including the future. We just have a very hard time sensing anything but our current consensus reality. The three blind men describing their encounters with an elephant comes to mind as an illustration of just how limited our five senses are.

Im going way down inside tonight:angel:

Freddd

I have worked with people in tantric trance with spontaneous regression, including several with CFS/FMS. In no case did they become healed from CFS./FMS. One woman after going back to a concentration camp experience from near the end of WW II in Europe, after I had worked her through half a dozen traumas in this life including mutiple rapes at 3-4 years old, she was able to let go of having to die. The death camp was at the heart of her traumas. She ceased being an anorexic shortly after that and allowed her body to heal from Stage 4 Non-Hodgkins lymphoma. The docs had categorized her repeatedly as beinig a headcase for CFS/FMS and ignored the lymphoma for years.

Another woman had unending abdominal problems with fibroids and other such. She had to release the trauma of a death in which she was stabbed with a sword in the gut, maybe 12-15th century as close as I could tell. I'm not real good at recognizing exact late medival styles of weapons, clothing and furniture and so on. She appears to have resolved her abdominal problems with nothing new happening.

Seewell

That was very interesting.Lot to think about there ..I should imagine its very rewarding being able to help
people in that way(and emotional may be). But still no healing from M.E c/f/s.. Thank you freddd.:)
I shall mull that over tonight.

Seewell

I actually feel like meditation is a panacea and the b all and end all - not that i have ever got anywhere with it lol :)

Its probably the only true form of healing.

There are so many different styles of meditation now.

im not sure its a be all and end all,but it sure has helped me cope better recently - through this hell.
i shall keep trying:)

Freddd

There is a distinction I would like to make. I see two different forms of reincarnation; what might be called the "standard model" ie a different body and different face and different time. The form I see far more often is what might be called the GROUNDHOG DAY model, recurrance. In recurrance a person may go through dozens to millions of rebirths into the same body and face in a multitude of variations. Perhaps the reason I see this so much more often is that it is more common. After all, a person dealing with a past life trauma did succeed in leaving that life. A person trapped in endless cycles of recurrance is having trouble facing and letting go of the current life and are thrown back into it over and over. This is where I think CFS/FMS, and all sorts of other chronic diseases, comes into play. The people appear to be unable to accept the basic crappiness of their lives, at time of death experience, and keep going back to "make it better". I say this from what I have experienced consciously myself, uncountable times, and observed it over and over in others. Just saying this is a very emotional experience for me. It's not a popular idea. Peter Ouspensky (THE STRANGE LIFE OF IVAN OSOKIN) describes it in a novel. Time is not at all what one might think.

The Strange Life of Ivan Osokin is a novel by P. D. Ouspensky. It follows the unsuccessful struggle of Ivan Osokin to correct his mistakes when given a chance to relive his past. The novel serves as a narrative platform for Nietzsche's theory of eternal recurrence[citation needed]. The conclusion fully anticipates the Fourth Way Philosophy which typified Ouspensky's later works[citation needed]. In particular the final chapter's description of the shocking realization of the mechanical nature of existence, its consequences, and the possibility/responsibility of working in an esoteric school.

When the protagonist realizes that he can recall having lived his life before, he decides to try to change it. But he discovers that because human choices tend to be mechanical, changing the outcome of one's actions is extremely difficult. He realizes that without help breaking his mechanical behavior, he may be doomed to repeat the same mistakes forever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strange_Life_of_Ivan_Osokin

E.J. Gold has produced much work material dealing with recurrance. It is different than the "life is misery, get over it" of some other teaching systems.
BE IN LOVE

Iquitos

im not sure its a be all and end all,but it sure has helped me cope better recently - through this hell.
i shall keep trying:)

This is how I did it:
I imagine the akashic library, which is where a "record" of everything that has ever happened (or will happen) is kept. For my own left-brain-oriented purposes I visualize this as a system of manila folders mounted on a track whereby files/folders can be moved in a circle on this track until the one I want comes in front of me.

Then I pick out the file I want. (In the case of the plr I mentioned before, I asked for the life that has most affected my physical health in this life.) The files go 'round the track until it stops in front of me and I pick out the one my hand intuitively grabs.

I open the file. Then a sort of video, sort of like movie trailers, begins with pertinent stages of that life revealed to me. For me this one ended shortly after I killed myself and someone who would have taken care of me finds my body and cries out that he would have cared for me if I had only asked. It's a very emotional "movie trailer", as I feel all the emotions of that life, until after I'm dead and I am looking down on my dead body, when I feel something like "what a waste - you didn't have to do that."

I have done other plr to find out why I don't/can't trust my mother and why she has such a special relationship with my brother. It helps to accept my assessment of the reality and to accept that there are reasons for things that are hard to understand with only the evidence of this life,without fixing blame. It also helps to know that karma will energetically balance everything in the long run.

Wayne

.... the past is gone, even if you believe in reincarnation.

Hi Enid, Hi All,

I agree that the past is gone. My own take is that doesn't necessarily preclude still being affected by our emotional, mental, and subconscious reactions to past life events. From all the reading I've done on past lives, it appears these sorts of reactions can become habitual, and extend from one life to the next.

I read a story by a woman who reacted intensely to a new worker at her place of employment. He was from the southern US, and had the usual southern accent. It grated on her nerves to end. And even though he was the nicest guy, she began to have very intense feelings of dislike toward him, and she couldn't understand why. Not being able to shake these feelings, and knowing they were not healthy, for her or anybody else, she tried to get some insights from a past life that might be relevant.

She ends of having an intense dream, which she quickly realized is a past life recall. In it, she's in a swamp like setting in the southern US around the 1890's, and there are several bodies of young black men hanging from trees, one of them being her husband or boyfriend. There had been a "lynching" party, and the perpetrators were still around, talking in their thick southern accents. -- Once she gained this insight, she was able to let go of this deep-seated connection within her consciousness between evil and a southern accent. And once she did this, her relationship with her co-worker changed dramatically and they became the best of friends.

I think this story could be extrapolated to any number of other situations involving strong emotional and mental patterns that are in a person's life. So it wouldn't surprise me that past life experiences could indeed affect our health in this lifetime, in many different ways. Just my own perspective of course. :)

Iquitos

There is a distinction I would like to make. I see two different forms of reincarnation; what might be called the "standard model" ie a different body and different face and different time. The form I see far more often is what might be called the GROUNDHOG DAY model, recurrance. In recurrance a person may go through dozens to millions of rebirths into the same body and face in a multitude of variations. Perhaps the reason I see this so much more often is that it is more common. After all, a person dealing with a past life trauma did succeed in leaving that life. A person trapped in endless cycles of recurrance is having trouble facing and letting go of the current life and are thrown back into it over and over. This is where I think CFS/FMS, and all sorts of other chronic diseases, comes into play. The people appear to be unable to accept the basic crappiness of their lives, at time of death experience, and keep going back to "make it better". I say this from what I have experienced consciously myself, uncountable times, and observed it over and over in others. Just saying this is a very emotional experience for me. It's not a popular idea. Peter Ouspensky (THE STRANGE LIFE OF IVAN OSOKIN) describes it in a novel. Time is not at all what one might think.

The Strange Life of Ivan Osokin is a novel by P. D. Ouspensky. It follows the unsuccessful struggle of Ivan Osokin to correct his mistakes when given a chance to relive his past. The novel serves as a narrative platform for Nietzsche's theory of eternal recurrence[citation needed]. The conclusion fully anticipates the Fourth Way Philosophy which typified Ouspensky's later works[citation needed]. In particular the final chapter's description of the shocking realization of the mechanical nature of existence, its consequences, and the possibility/responsibility of working in an esoteric school.

When the protagonist realizes that he can recall having lived his life before, he decides to try to change it. But he discovers that because human choices tend to be mechanical, changing the outcome of one's actions is extremely difficult. He realizes that without help breaking his mechanical behavior, he may be doomed to repeat the same mistakes forever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strange_Life_of_Ivan_Osokin

E.J. Gold has produced much work material dealing with recurrance. It is different than the "life is misery, get over it" of some other teaching systems.
BE IN LOVE

I tried to read Ouspensky's In Search of the Miraculous a long time ago and couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll try again... Anyway, I've also read some of Gurdijeff and Madame Blavatsky. Interesting to me is the fact that Ouspensky died the year I was born and a lot of Theosophical stuff went on around that time. I like to think I might have run into some of them on the astral before being born, ha ha! ;)

For a more modern take on Gurdjieff, there's the Michael Teachings, which I have found very useful for understanding reincarnation and the various vibrational levels of the soul, before we finally reunite with the Tao, or the Divine Creator of All.

Wayne

I imagine the akashic library ......... It also helps to know that karma will energetically balance everything in the long run.

Hi lquitos, I'm enjoying reading your posts here this morning. Your description of the akashic records is remarkably similar to other descriptions I've read. Thanks for sharing. -- Regarding karma balancing in the long run. I've come to believe there are a number of things we can do to turn long run karmic situations into much shorter ones. Karma situations we have with other Souls don't necessarily have to be worked out in a physical life. They can often be worked out in the dream state, and other ways as well. This can help resolve any and all karmic ties and release us from the necessity of further unnecessary lifetimes. -- Just my own perspective of course. :)

Iquitos

Hi lquitos, I'm enjoying reading your posts here this morning. Your description of the akashic records is remarkably similar to other descriptions I've read. Thanks for sharing. -- Regarding karma balancing in the long run. I've come to believe there are a number of things we can do to turn long run situations into much shorter ones. Karma situations we have with other Souls don't necessarily have to be worked out in a physical life. They can often be worked out in the dream state, and other ways as well. This can help resolve any and all karmic ties and release us from the necessity of further unnecessary lifetimes. -- Just my own perspective of course. :)

I agree. The physical vibrational level is not all there is to us. And shamanic ritual is another way of accessing the "dreamtime" which may be another dimension that our Western orientation has us blocking. But at least we are not prohibited from dreaming on our own!