• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MMS is it worth the risk?

Overstressed

Very interesting, Overstressed. How long does your tinnitus stay away after taking MMS?

Hi Hip,

sorry for my late reply, I've missed this, but the benefit I receive lasts a day on average. I receive the same benefit when taking IL-7 globulines. It's amazing how fast the result of this is.

Best wishes,
OS.

Seewell

Hi.thought i would give my 2cents on MMS,been using it for about two years now,When i first started using it
i had great hopes(especially after reading the extravagant claims) i worked upto about 9 drops a day,but felt no
great reduction in my symptoms - but at the same time i could feel it working,and having positive effects - I did sleep
better - I also had days of great elation (laughing & other crazy stuff)..But i stopped taking it regularly after i could
smell this funny bleach like smell on my hand between the webbing of my fingers..

I still have it in the fridge and use it if i feel any sort of cold/flu coming on,i have found it great for this.(just one drop
in 250ml of water)
Im not to sure about it ? But feel one or two drops occasionally is ok.

Overstressed

Hi.thought i would give my 2cents on MMS,been using it for about two years now,When i first started using it
i had great hopes(especially after reading the extravagant claims) i worked upto about 9 drops a day,but felt no
great reduction in my symptoms - but at the same time i could feel it working,and having positive effects - I did sleep
better - I also had days of great elation (laughing & other crazy stuff)..But i stopped taking it regularly after i could
smell this funny bleach like smell on my hand between the webbing of my fingers..

I still have it in the fridge and use it if i feel any sort of cold/flu coming on,i have found it great for this.(just one drop
in 250ml of water)
Im not to sure about it ? But feel one or two drops occasionally is ok.

Hi Seewell,

One question: are you using MMS properly? I put a few drops of MMS in an empty glass, added 10 drops of citric acid and let it work for about 3 minutes. Then I add water, a full glass.

Best wishes,
OS.

Seewell

Hi Seewell,

One question: are you using MMS properly? I put a few drops of MMS in an empty glass, added 10 drops of citric acid and let it work for about 3 minutes. Then I add water, a full glass.

Best wishes,
OS.

Hi Overstressed.Yes i use it as per the instructions that came my MMS.Which are 1 drop mms to 2 drops the activator/citric acid. (the rest same as you do above)
I only use one, at most two drops of MMS at a time,per day now whenever i do take it.
Are you saying with your 10 to 2, the mms works in a more gentle way? - if so i may try that.

Overstressed

Hi Overstressed.Yes i use it as per the instructions that came my MMS.Which are 1 drop mms to 2 drops the activator/citric acid. (the rest same as you do above)
I only use one, at most two drops of MMS at a time,per day now whenever i do take it.
Are you saying with your 10 to 2, the mms works in a more gentle way? - if so i may try that.

Hi Seewell,

no idea, my doctor told me to take 3 drops op MMS, together with 10 drops of citric acid, and add a full glass of water to it. I drank usually two full glasses water after I drank the MMS. I didn't experience any nausea or diarrhea...

Best wishes,
OS.

or know of anyone trying it. For those that dont know what it is........its short for miracle mineral solution...or is it suppliment...duh!
anyway...ive known of it for some time now and did research on it yrs ago and chalked it up to quackery. Then i was over at an older gentlemans home telling him how im recovering from phnemonia and he says why dont you just take MMS........cleared my phnemonia right up and my daughters cancer. So.....back to the pc i go to do more research and find all these testimonies on youtube that really seem quite credible. Many kids with autism being helped. The person who developed it is Jim Humble (spelling).
Im not some guy trying to support mms or any other groups ....just a guy trying to get well. The way i do my research is much like anyone else accept for the fact that money with mms is almost non existant as two bottles last a yr. and for a mere $20 Canadian......eh.Sorry but i have to keep my sense of humor. Anyway....just wondering if anyone has tried this or know of others that have had success with it. Apparently is chlorite solution

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
I know it is not working for my aunt´s Rheumatoid Arthritis. It helped her significantly with fatigue though. If she cured I would drink it but no luck.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
NOTE: The thread MMS--anyone tried it? has been merged into this thread to keep the discussion in one place.

Wayne

cleared my phnemonia right up and my daughters cancer. So.....back to the pc i go to do more research and find all these testimonies on youtube that really seem quite credible. Many kids with autism being helped.

Hi Roonie, thanks for sharing your MMS experiences (clearing up pneumonia and cancer is quite impressive!). Below is a link to another thread that discussed MMS. In that thread, I posted on some of the similarities between MMS and DCA (dichloroacetate), a cheap chlorine based drug that's been used successfully to treat cancer. Also about some of Kerri Rivera's work with using MMS to treat children with autism (including her own son).

Miracle Mineral Supplement --- Also known as Miracle Mineral Solution, and Chlorine Dioxide Solution (CDS)

Last edited:
Hi wayne....thanks but i must say it did not clear up my pnemonia and daughters cancer......i was merely quoting what a friend said about mms as he takes it regularily. I have yet to try mms.....sorry if i caused any confussion

I have just started on mms, so it's too soon to say what effect it's having.....However I did find a small scientific study online showing that safety has been researched at least in a modest trial....Information on the research, plus other interesting insights into the campaign being waged against MMS can be found on http://realrawfood.com/fda-data-proves-mms-kills-diseases. I get the impression there is a lot of misinformation being spread about this potentially useful medicine....There is in particular a pretty compelling video on YouTube showing how the Red Cross worked with MMS in Africa, and patients were tested before and after for malaria, and results were shifting from positive to negative.... Some claim the video is fake..but it comes across as very authentic to me..

I will post again with an update on my experience with mms. I have been diagnosed with CFS and that's what I am using it for...

I have just started on mms, so it's too soon to say what effect it's having.....However I did find a small scientific study online showing that safety has been researched at least in a modest trial....Information on the research, plus other interesting insights into the campaign being waged against MMS can be found on http://realrawfood.com/fda-data-proves-mms-kills-diseases. I get the impression there is a lot of misinformation being spread about this potentially useful medicine....There is in particular a pretty compelling video on YouTube showing how the Red Cross worked with MMS in Africa, and patients were tested before and after for malaria, and results were shifting from positive to negative.... Some claim the video is fake..but it comes across as very authentic to me..

I will post again with an update on my experience with mms. I have been diagnosed with CFS and that's what I am using it for...

The study you posted is full of lies. MMS does not in anyway cure 95 percent of all diseases. Interesting first post! MMS was never tested by the Red Cross in Africa or by anybody else.

The study you posted is full of lies. MMS does not in anyway cure 95 percent of all diseases. Interesting first post! MMS was never tested by the Red Cross in Africa or by anybody else.

Hi Kina. Actually if you read my post slowly, you will see that the study I am referring to is about safety....I am not making any remarks, yet, about efficacy (beyond the positive but superficial impression I got from the Red Cross video)...However, perhaps I was just not specific enough in which study on that webpage I was referring to and this made you leap onto a different point that caught your eye..The study about safety that I refer to may be modest, but it would not appear to be falsified..It is a small study, making no claims at all about MMS' efficacy...It is specifically about safety, (and it could be interesting to spend a few minutes looking at it, as it strikes me that although small, it is well constructed). Initially I was worried the link to it wouldn't work, which is why I didn't post it directly in my previous post...However I have taken the time to check the following link and it works. Happy reading..http://srv.ezinedirector.net/?n=4008122&s=113031127

Hi Kina. Actually if you read my post slowly, you will see that the study I am referring to is about safety....I am not making any remarks, yet, about efficacy (beyond the positive but superficial impression I got from the Red Cross video)...However, perhaps I was just not specific enough in which study on that webpage I was referring to and this made you leap onto a different point that caught your eye..The study about safety that I refer to may be modest, but it would not appear to be falsified..It is a small study, making no claims at all about MMS' efficacy...It is specifically about safety, (and it could be interesting to spend a few minutes looking at it, as it strikes me that although small, it is well constructed). Initially I was worried the link to it wouldn't work, which is why I didn't post it directly in my previous post...However I have taken the time to check the following link and it works. Happy reading..http://srv.ezinedirector.net/?n=4008122&s=113031127

MMS has never been tested by the Red Cross in Africa. You need to read up on MMS and Jim Humble. I have looked at MMS in depth over many years so I have spent more than a few minutes on this subject. It's a form of bleach. It has no effect in the human body other than to make you nauseated, vomit and have diarrhea. It works on surfaces to kill some pathogens, it is used to steralize water. Here's a link for you -- https://sites.google.com/site/mmsdebunked/home -- happy reading.

Here is a previous post @cms1

I always look at the claims behind any substance and if they are correct. For MMS to work, it would have to get into our own blood supply via the GI tract and then selectively exert some kind of effect on bacteria, viruses, parasites and leave our own cells alone. This is a problem with mainstream medications. For example, the reasons why side-effects are so devastating with chemotherapy is that they can't seem to devise a pharmaceutical that selectively kills the cancer cells and leaves normal cells alone so people suffer nasty side-effects. As we know, any bleach compound when applied to a surface will kill all sorts of pathogens as well as human cells. I haven't really seen any research that says MMS is not deactivated as soon as it hits the stomach. I know MMS has been banned in Canada by Health Canada as a dangerous substance which is worrying.

I look at what any substance is supposed to treat. When something is touted as a cure for AIDS, Malaria, etc, etc, I naturally am skeptical. I look for research. I look at the chemistry behind a product. It' s a good water purification product, that's for sure. It is used for other things with efficacy in different industries. I am just not sure of it's value in treating such devasting diseases as Malaria and AIDS.

Kina.

Wayne

Hi @cms1,

Welcome to the PR forum. ;):) Thanks for posting on this topic (your first post no less), as MMS has been and continues to be one of those therapies that consistently gives me good results. I'll look forward to your updates.:thumbsup:

JIm Humble has been around for over 15 years promoting MMS.

He has had all of these years to provide some kind of proof what he claims is true. He claims AIDS can be cured with MMS. Let's make it simple -- why is there zero proof using before and after tests for HIV, so simple. He has no proof. He claims MMS cures Cancer -- how, where is the proof. The hallmark of quackery is somebody selling a product that cures numerous diseases. How about his so called malaria tests -- no proof of this either.

So why believe any of his claims. The answer is you shouldn't.. MMS cannot and does not work the way he states. You can't swallow a form of bleach which then selectively hunts down cancer cells, HIV, bacteria, etc. It's not possible. If this were true then there would be no illness. Millions of people have purchased MMS and millions of people are still sick. Speaks volumes. I have researched this for years. This kind of thing should be ignored. MMS has no physiological effects beyond causing nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea when taken in quantities that the GI tract can't tolerate.

For those that find MMS has positive effects, by what mechanism does this work because from all my education in anatomy and physiology and research, there is no explanable reason that would make sense. MMS is dangerous and really, I hate seeing it pushed as any kind of protocol for ME.

Grow breasts with MMS?
This again is another mind boggling claim. Jim Humble does not make it, but he certainly takes credit for it. Chapter 23 of his book is titled "The MMS Adventures of a Grade School Teacher in Mexico." and Jim's own introduction reads

"You may have wondered just what might really be done with the MMS, really! Well, read this:"
He himself is obviously endorsing this story as legitimate. I want to make it perfectly clear, you can't argue "but it's just a story someone wrote", because so are all the other testimonials. If Jim Humble takes the credit for the story then he must accept the bad with the good. He can't just take the credit and ignore the criticism.

Moving right along. I am quoting directly from his own book:

The next day I called to find out how they were doing. (After taking MMS) They pointed out that the daughter, Patty Souaza, had not had her period for six months, plus she had not yet developed breasts. She had a large chest, but no breasts had shown. Yet, that morning breasts about the size of a small lime had begun to develop. At that time I suggested the daughter take another dose on Thursday which was 4 days later. When I called on Thursday she mentioned that her large chest had formed into full size breasts and she now had her period for the first time in six months.
I've heard some tall tales but by this story I am just dumbfounded. I hope you are too.

When a person claims that bleach can grow breasts, it's time to pause and think about it.

Beyond

Juice Me Up, Scotty!!!
My aunt with Rheumathoid Arthritis is convinced MMS helped her while taking it... and she was taking a "complete protocol" which basically was drinking more than one form of bleach.

I think it was a huge placebo effect. I normally discredit the placebo effect but I see no other explanation. This quackery is so big that they even credit MMS heavy metal detoxification properties. How, for the love of god does it detox metals? Oh apparently it "oxidizes" them and your body "flush them out" later. lol

Also, imagine how bad would be drinking this for leaky gut. NopeNopeNope.