• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

geneticgenie progress for interpretation fo 23andMe results

roxie60

Thank you KDay. I just took a test over at 23andme the other day for ASD tendencies. Non ASD females usually score mid 40's, Non ASD males most commonly land in the mid 50's. High functioning Autistics/Asperger's score in the 70's, and Autistics from the 70's to 150's. Has anyone been asked to participate in this test?

I scored 77.

LaurieL

Can you provide the link to this ASD test, thanks!

LaurieL

Hi Roxie60,

On the home page of 23andme, as part of ongoing research, they have surveys that they ask you to participate in. This was one of those surveys. I had another poster contact me and tell me they were no longer available, but I don't know that for sure. I don't whether they tailor their surveys of ongoing research to specific results of the individual, or whether they tailor their surveys to include everyone. This particular survey took about 15 minutes to complete, it was rather a lot of questions and the way I scored, surprised me.

Lauriel

Skyline

I also recommend using the tool Promethease for Detox SNPs and TONS of health data way beyond what 23andMe gives you. Very powerful tool, but a bit complicated. I highly recommend paying $2 for their interactive report as it is much quicker to process and much easier to understand in my opinion. It's a bit technical if you are not good at using computers.

http://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Promethease

Wow. Overwhelming, but incredibly useful going forward. Thanks for this.

kday

Wow. Overwhelming, but incredibly useful going forward. Thanks for this.
Yes, it's a bit information overload. Can be helpful in some circumstances, but if your a type that gets overwhelmed with data or a prone to over-interpretation of medical type stuff, stay away from it.

charlie1

I know someone who used your site and just loved it. Only thing was, she didn't know what the color coding meant. I guess we all take it for granted so i was sorta speechless. Maybe something like this with each one color coded? On the other hand, i can't figure too many wouldn't understand the colors. Keep up the great work, its awesome!

Color coding:
‐/- Green, no defect
+/+ Red, complete defects
+/- Yellow, partial defect

I'm VERY new to this having just rec'd my 23andMe results yesterday. I used geneticgenie.org and have my list downloaded on Wordpad but there is nothing colour coded? Can someone help me out?