• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone done stem cell treatment?

VeganMonkey

I am trying to find patient feedback about stem cell treatment. So far I have been reading up on the progress of one patient who had it done and it works really well for her. Not cured but 50% better! They used her own stem cells in the treatment. She has the same doctor as me, so I will ask him about it.
I have tried to google patient's feedback but all I can find it articles by doctors.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I am trying to find patient feedback about stem cell treatment. So far I have been reading up on the progress of one patient who had it done and it works really well for her. Not cured but 50% better! They used her own stem cells in the treatment. She has the same doctor as me, so I will ask him about it.
I have tried to google patient's feedback but all I can find it articles by doctors.
Hi VeganMonkey,

There has been quite a lot of discussion on stem cell transplant here--particularly around the time that Dr. Cheney was taking groups to Panama for stem cells. You should be able to find the threads by using the google search function of the forum: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?pages/google-search/

Sushi

VeganMonkey

I did a search on here but didn't see a thread that was about patient experiences, but will have a look at the link you posted :) thanks!

VeganMonkey

I had a look but no one on this forum seems to have done this treatment. So far I have only been able to find that one person who did and she is one of the first in Australia. I would love to read more feedback before I consider to do it myself.

VeganMonkey

In Australia, Sydney. She said it costs $9000 Aus. But she got a lot back from Medicare but got to ask how that worked. It were her own stemcells. So far that doctor in Sydney treated 3 patients who are all happy. Not 100% cured but much better. It would be great if she posts here but she wants to wait a bit to see how the results progress. It would be best to hear firsthand from her :)

I heard someone else say that another doctor has stopped doing the treatments as they needed to be repeated every year. I wonder if there are any results published. Somewhere in this thread was mentioned that Dr Cheney published the results, but I can not find anything about this on the Internet. Anyone knows?

Sushi

How much did the person you read about pay and where did she do it? If you know it...?

Most of the people I know who got stem cells went to a clinic in Panama that Dr. Cheney had given a stamp of approval for. It used to cost about $20,000 but that has probably changed.

Sushi

Sushi

Most had good results but I think all of them reverted to their original condition in about a year. I have only kept up with a few of them. I believe dipic did not respond at all though. So I think most thought that "whatever we have" spread to the new stem cells and that stem cell treatment might work better after dealing with pathogens.

The question is how we do that!

Re: prices, make sure you are comparing apples to apples. There are many ways to give stem cells.

Sushi

VeganMonkey

I heard that too that a lot of people revered to their original state. I can imagine it needs to be redone every now and then, but would they have enough to store for several years or would they grow them again? You're right about the pathogens! Do many CFS people have those? So far I don't seem to have any, nothing ever comes out of tests.

Sushi

I heard that too that a lot of people revered to their original state. I can imagine it needs to be redone every now and then, but would they have enough to store for several years or would they grow them again? You're right about the pathogens! Do many CFS people have those? So far I don't seem to have any, nothing ever comes out of tests.

If you have ME/CFS you almost certainly have pathogens. Most doctors don't test enough! Probably most of us here who have been thoroughly tested have tested positive for a lot of pathogens.

Sushi