• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Bentonite clay

Has anyone tried this - as a bath or internally? Is it safe? Does it really help get rid of heavy metals? Thanks.

chilove

Hello all,

I have been experiencing a large amount of symptom relief from mercury herxing symptoms using calcium bentonite clay from after getting some amalgam dental work done. I was feeling horrible with neurological and other symptoms when I discovered the therapuetic uses of clay. '

It is amazing how much better it is making me feel both physically and mentally .

If you'd like more info on clay check out http://www.aboutclay.com/

I'd love to hear others experiences if you;ve tried it,

Blessings,

Audrey

ukxmrv

Hi Audrey,

I started mixing bentonite clay with water and drinking it when I got terrible food poisoning years ago. I've also applied it to my body and put it in baths as a skin tonic. I do like the stuff.

The drinking bentonite clay did help when I had stomach upsets after food poisoning. There has been some help generally when I have indigestion. It hasn't been a big help under circumstances that people describe as herx's (I'm not a big believer in the herx and suspect that for me there are other explanations).

Hope it continues to help you.

Lotus97

Has anyone tried this - as a bath or internally? Is it safe? Does it really help get rid of heavy metals? Thanks.
This is on old post so I'm not sure you're still looking, but there's another thread discussing bentonite. I've heard of other people using it successfully also, but I've also heard of possible contamination.
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-bentonite-clay-baths-taken-internally.18695/

I'm debating whether to try bentonite or zeolite. Since bentonite is cheaper I might try that first. There was a thread discussing zeolite also, but I don't remember if anyone in the thread had actually tried it. You can read customer reviews on iHerb for both zeolite and bentonite to find more info. There's probably also some threads on curezone and mdjunction about using clay. If anyone has tried both zeolite and bentonite or knows the difference I would like to hear about it.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Lotus97

Rich used to recommend bentonite to help move toxins out of the body. There are contamination questions around the various types of zeolite too.

Sushi

Lotus97

I've heard a couple people mention calcium bentonite specifically. Does it have to be calcium? Because some bentonite being sold for internal use doesn't specify which type it is. Also, I noticed some bentonite being sold is for external use only so I thought I'd warn people about that.

chilove

I've heard a couple people mention calcium bentonite specifically. Does it have to be calcium? Because some bentonite being sold for internal use doesn't specify which type it is. Also, I noticed some bentonite being sold is for external use only so I thought I'd warn people about that.

Yes, I believe you only want to use calcium bentonite clay for internal use and a good quality one. After trying different brands I prefer Living Clay. Their website is www.livingclayco.com.

I started with foot soaks and baths and they felt great so I tried it internally even though I was very nervous because I have many food allergies and sensitivities and almost everything bothers me but my body seems to really like the clay. I've been able to put on 20 much needed pounds since starting it. I was very underweight before and couldn't tolerate protein. I think doing clay packs on my liver several times a week and drinking clay water is helping improve my digestion as well as detox.

overtrain

Medical Mafia needs to die via this virus.
Seems to help. B. Clay's sold in bulk where I live. I put it in gelcaps every night & take 5 or 6.

I read somewhere that taking it like this doesn't impact some; taking it via just licking it off fingers can, however. I hedge my bets & do both, which is easy as getting powder into the caps is messy in itself. I use the WHITE clay, not red.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Just bumping this thread. I'm thinking of starting BC baths, can anyone tell me what impact it has on the drains, our bathroom doesn't have good drainage as the pipe has to go right through the top floor to get to the outside. I don't want to cause a major plumbing problem, I cause enough in general anyway!!.

ahmo

One of the clays I used came with a tiny screen, meant to place over the drain. I don't know the answer to your question. I used footbaths for clay, and dumped into toilet or garden.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Thanks fpr your reply @ahmo
I may just do footbaths for now, how much clay would you use in a bowl and how long did you soak for ?

ahmo

I used 2-4 Tb, soaked 15-20". Not only was it easier than baths, but I could never have afforded the amount of clay suggested for full baths. Maybe the small amounts would work just as well in full baths, don't know. After about a year of footbaths, including activated charcoal, I switched to eating the clay.

Gingergrrl

The mold doctor I saw has bentonite and zeolite Clay as two of her possible mold detox products but said only if you can get from a pure source. She did not recommend them for me specifically but I know they are used for mold detox in some circumstances.

*GG*

The mold doctor I saw has bentonite and zeolite Clay as two of her possible mold detox products but said only if you can get from a pure source. She did not recommend them for me specifically but I know they are used for mold detox in some circumstances.

She didn't mention Cholestryamine?

GG

Gingergrrl

She didn't mention Cholestryamine?

GG

Yes, she uses charcoal, CSM, gluathione, Chlorella and all kinds of other stuff, I was just responding to the clay part since it was the focus of this thread. I have not tried any of them yet b/c too ill (except I tried the charcoal but could not tolerate even a tiny toothpick dose.) But I hope to tolerate mold binders once we move and I am in a totally mold free environment. Long story and don't want to detract from this thread.

Do you use CSM for mold detox?

PeterPositive

This is on old post so I'm not sure you're still looking, but there's another thread discussing bentonite. I've heard of other people using it successfully also, but I've also heard of possible contamination.
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...-bentonite-clay-baths-taken-internally.18695/
Interesting, I was going to read the discussion but the link seems broken. Has the thread been removed?
I can't find it even via the search field.

Bentonite clay seems like a good mineral supplement, among its various properties, but I too worry about contamination with heavy metals.

Also I think it could be counterproductive for someone with a low stomach acid, because of its alkalizing properties, I suppose.

Hanna

About 4 years ago, I used to have foot baths with 1 cup of bentonite, every other day for several months. I havn't seen any noticeable result. I used the Now Food powder.
I alternated with epsom salts foot baths. Had some deshydrosis remission though which can't be linked to anything else at this time.

Kathevans

Years ago, under the care of a Native American healer (who btw studied bio-chemistry under Linus Pauling at USC) I began to drink bentonite clay. The first brand, a very gritty dirt, I mixed with water and drank, and over time I showed an elevated level of arsenic that hadn't existed previously. The company was Magic Botanicals and I spent time talking to a company representative on the issue and did stop using it internally. I switched to Sonne's No. 7, a bentonite clay in liquid suspension that I find terrific. It always settles an upset stomach, and is hardly objectionable to drink. I still use it fairly regularly.

The one thing my Native American used to say is to not use metal when mixing it in with the water (something about the ionization or some such), so I always have used a plastic or wooden chopstick.

My arsenic levels have dropped again, but I'm still high in Mercury and Lead. So....