• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fecal Tx in MS

Daffodil

"Fecal Microbiota Transplantation (FMT) in multiple sclerosis (MS)"

google this for PDF article

tyson oberle

"Fecal Microbiota Transplantation (FMT) in multiple sclerosis (MS)"

google this for PDF article
I am going to try FMT at home as soon as I can find a good donor. I have been researching this for a while and I think for me personally my main problem is in the gut whether it is an enterovirus or bad bacteria, although I am not sure if FMT would help an enterovirus. I have had various genova stool tests and recently a metametrix dna stool test that each list only about 10 different bacteria and my understanding is that there are thousands of different bacteria in the gut that we don't know much about. With the gut and immune system connection and so much unknown about either system I think probably anyone with a chronic condition should try FMT from a healthy donor

Daffodil

hi tyson. i know some people who had fecal transplants but it did not improve their CFS symptoms. it did however, help with bowel problems.
xo

perrier

hi tyson. i know some people who had fecal transplants but it did not improve their CFS symptoms. it did however, help with bowel problems.
xo

Dr. Borody in Australia did a very small study on FT and CFS, and his results were that it did help; but his study is quite old now; it is on his website.

Two Canadian doctors have now invented synthetic fecal transplants, that is you do not use human waste but something synthetic: their product is called repoopulate

Helping with bowel problems would be a big thing for many patients.

Daffodil

Hi dfox...there are a few places...I know one main doc in NYC who does it. I can find out the name if you like. ..but in general, they are not being recommended by the CFS docs I have seen these days...maybe the results have not been worth it. I think the real problem for us is inflammation and although this may result in some bacterial imbalances, the fecal transplant maybe is not treating the actual source of inflammation....? But let me know I can find out the NYC docs name