• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What are people's thoughts and doses of adb12?

LaurieL

Thought provoking discussion topics you raised though. Most fun on a reply I have had yet. You made me work my bioinformatics "muscles". Thanks :)

My thanks as well. :) I am just banging my head trying to wrap myself around why I need so much. Off to read up on some other why's!!!

place

Be Strong!
Lauriel your case sounds like mine. The only thing I have left is the infections. Sinus and some acne. I was hoping that if I increased the mb12 that I would break through and have those issues resolved. Did you see any change in your sinuss.?

dbkita

Hmm I seem to be tolerating adb12 much better after I added in B1 (used to make me sleepy so I took it out of my stack like a year ago since it hammered my glucose levels) and also switched from 8 gram vitamin C in ascorbic acid form to 3-4 grams via Na-ascorbate.

I actually get good clean non-NE energy from a 1/4 tablet. It had almost the opposite effect at that does just 2 weeks ago (and that was after taking adb12 for four months).

Very peculiar. Makes me wonder what else I am missing ...

LaurieL

Lauriel your case sounds like mine. The only thing I have left is the infections. Sinus and some acne. I was hoping that if I increased the mb12 that I would break through and have those issues resolved. Did you see any change in your sinuss.?

Yes and no. It wasn't curative, and it didn't solve my immune issues. Again, methylation was the first step in my feeling better. But the process is ongoing, and I found I have more problems than just methylation issues.

Hmm I seem to be tolerating adb12 much better after I added in B1 (used to make me sleepy so I took it out of my stack like a year ago since it hammered my glucose levels) and also switched from 8 gram vitamin C in ascorbic acid form to 3-4 grams via Na-ascorbate.
I actually get good clean non-NE energy from a 1/4 tablet. It had almost the opposite effect at that does just 2 weeks ago (and that was after taking adb12 for four months).
Very peculiar. Makes me wonder what else I am missing ...

I don't know if this is helpful, but I also take my B vitamins in single form instead of a complex. B1, B2, and B3 and more, have all elicited positive responses for me. My gut issues are what prompted the single forms, and the B's including methyl and ad, are supposed to be made/absorbed by normal gut bacteria. This method has benefited me the most considering my intestinal upset and subsequent quieting.

In the B complexes, there is something I cannot tolerate, but I haven't found which one yet. And I also found that the forms used in the complexes aren't necessarily the ones I want or the doses I want. Its cheaper to use the complexes, but the dosages just weren't right for me. I wish I could send a manufacturer a list and have what I want.

I no longer take extra vitamin c, but I do well with lots of berries and banana's. I like other fruits, I just don't eat them much.

About Ad b12, I used to get sleepy with it as well, so I switched my routine and took it before bed. Eventually that passed as I learned and added in adjuncts to address my own symptomology.

I am curious to see if your body's demand for adb12 goes up.

LaurieL

dbkita

I too do much better splitting all my b-vitamins out into separate tablets / pills. Not really sure why.

I've read this thread with interest. I haven't done genetic screening so can't compare with other posters. But I am needing very high dosages, at least currently. 5-6 anabol ADB12 daily, 25-30 mg injected MB12 daily, 15 mg folate daily. I also have needed more B2.

Recently I added carnitine back in, as well as a small dose of methionine, threonine, and branched chain amino acids. I've been going through start up again in a major way for 2+ weeks. So still adjusting things.

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this but can't find the answer elsewhere.

Was wondering if someone could tell me if you can take Ad-B12 when using Hy-B12? I seem to remember reading in another thread that taking Ad-B12 without enough M-B12 can cause damage?

I was taking M-B12 and Ad-B12 last year building them up gradually but had to stop after adding L-carnitine due to intolerable nerve pain.

The Ad-B12 seemed to help but now I've gone back to H-B12, and can' t now tolerate M-B12, I don't know if it's OK to add in the A-b12 again?

Any suggestions suggestions would be appreciated!

Linda

Lotus97

After some failed methylation attempts I'm starting slow. I wasn't sure if I should start with hydroxy b12 or ad b12, but I with ad12 I'm able to start at a lower dosage so I chose that. I'm taking the Source Naturals b complex that has 500 mcg ad b12 per tablet. So far I'm taking 1/4 tablet 2-3 times a day so that would be 250-375 mcg a day. I should warn people that it does have folic acid in it, but that's the least of my worries right now despite all the warnings I've read about folic acid. I suppose I should get my genetics tested to know for sure...

I have tried the Source Naturals ADB12 and it did not seem to have any affect on me. I'm now trying the Dibencoplex. Opening the capsule and sprinkling approx. a quarter between lip and gum (as Fred suggests) but it doesn't dissolve even holding it there for 3 hours. So might try Source Naturals again at a bigger dose?

Lotus97

I have tried the Source Naturals ADB12 and it did not seem to have any affect on me. I'm now trying the Dibencoplex. Opening the capsule and sprinkling approx. a quarter between lip and gum (as Fred suggests) but it doesn't dissolve even holding it there for 3 hours. So might try Source Naturals again at a bigger dose?
Are you taking folinic acid and/or methylfolate? You might not notice an effect from B12 until you add folate.

I am taking 200mcg Metylfolate and it has taken me over 1year to get to this amount. If I take any more I get massive headaches and intolerable nerve pain in my scalp and face. I have not tried Folinic.

I can tolerate AD-B12 but had to stop MB-12 as it was also causing such pain. So I've now gone back to H-B12.

Lotus97

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this but can't find the answer elsewhere.

Was wondering if someone could tell me if you can take Ad-B12 when using Hy-B12? I seem to remember reading in another thread that taking Ad-B12 without enough M-B12 can cause damage?

I was taking M-B12 and Ad-B12 last year building them up gradually but had to stop after adding L-carnitine due to intolerable nerve pain.

The Ad-B12 seemed to help but now I've gone back to H-B12, and can' t now tolerate M-B12, I don't know if it's OK to add in the A-b12 again?

Any suggestions suggestions would be appreciated!

Linda
I was wondering the same thing. I'm taking 1000 mcg hydroxocobalamin and 250 mcg adb12. I heard someone say that adb12 stays in your system a lot longer than methyl b12 and since I have no idea how much hydroxy b12 is being converted to methycobalamin I wasn't sure how much I could. The main reason why I want to take adb12 is because it's in a sublingual b complex I'm taking. I was actually hoping I could raise the dose so I could use it as one of my main b complexes. I hope someone can answer our questions.

dbkita

Any idea which thread talked about adb12 requiring mb12? I am curious what it has to say.

Lotus97

Any idea which thread talked about adb12 requiring mb12? I am curious what it has to say.
Do you mean Linda's post about too much adb12 without mb12 causing damage? I would like to know about this for myself and because both my parents are taking only 750 mcg adb12 and no mb12. What I was referring to was your conversation with Adreno in this thread:
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...onors-same-tmg-any-others-ie-dmg.14608/page-4

dbkita said:
Hey Adreno just curious how much mb12 and / or adb 12 do you take?

I am debating if the adb12 (like ~1 mg sublingual per say) is too much every day.​
adreno said:
2mg sublingual mb12. And from my B complex, 200mcg mb12 and adb12 each. I was reading somewhere how it is easy to unbalance the two, as adb12 get stored in the liver for long periods, while mb12 has a very short half life (around 5mins).​

dbkita

Yeah I was talking about the thread referenced in Linda's post.
I am currently taking 1/4 pill Source Naturals adb12 per day (2500 mmcg) and 2000 mcg mb12.
But I am finding that maybe the 2000 mcg mb12 may be too much (long story). So I was wondering if I dropped to 1000 mcg mb12 if that would mean I need to restrict adb12 which would be a shame.

I am confused though because I thought in another post Adreno said he took 2 mg of hydroxy b12 not mb12. Hmmm.

Lotus97

Yeah I was talking about the thread referenced in Linda's post.
I am currently taking 1/4 pill Source Naturals adb12 per day (2500 mmcg) and 2000 mcg mb12.
But I am finding that maybe the 2000 mcg mb12 may be too much (long story). So I was wondering if I dropped to 1000 mcg mb12 if that would mean I need to restrict adb12 which would be a shame.

I am confused though because I thought in another post Adreno said he took 2 mg of hydroxy b12 not mb12. Hmmm.
Now that you mention it I just read a post where he said he switched from mb12 to hydroxy b12. His post in that thread was 6 months ago, but based on what he said in the thread I'm a little surprised he switched back.
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/methylcobalamin-causes-tachycardia-why.18010/

dbkita

Now that you mention it I just read a post where he said he switched from mb12 to hydroxy b12. His post in that thread was 6 months ago, but based on what he said in the thread I'm a little surprised he switched back.
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/methylcobalamin-causes-tachycardia-why.18010/

Hmm you are right. Puzzling.

I will admit I feel more energetic with mb12 than hydroxy b12. I also have a bit more issues falling asleep. And I seem to also have a higher pulse doing similar activities. So I suspect the mb12 is leading to more dopamine and ultimately a bit more norepinephrine. I seem to be pretty stable with adb12 at this point at 1/4 tablet per day. I would be reluctant to reduce that given its apparent importance as a cofactor in reducing peroxynitrite as discussed in another thread on these forums. But my urine is substantially more yellow and more bubbly when I take mb12 not to mention my sulfate levels drop to ~200 regardless of protein intake when I use hydroxy b12. So I am trying to find a working balance there.

Lotus97

Couldn't yellow urine mean you're consuming more than your body is able to use so you're excreting the unusable portion of the b vitamins?

dbkita

Couldn't yellow urine mean you're consuming more than your body is able to use so you're excreting the unusable portion of the b vitamins?
Very likely but in my case it is only the mb12. Meaning that if I cut mb12 in half the urine changes color. At the same time my sulfates excreted drop like a rock. So at present the mb12 seems to be the rate limiter.

However as Crux just linked an article maybe the adb12 I take is turning to mb12 so 2000 mcg mb12 and 2500 mcg adb12 may be a bit much. Then again the article Crux linked is in vitro which always makes me wonder.