• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr Lewis - Melbourne - http://www.cfsdiscovery.com.au/

Hello,

I am looking for feedback from people who have been treated by Dr Lewis please.

I'd like to know your general experiences, as well as information about costs.

I've already seen numerous doctors and spent a lot of money so I'm just not sure whether to go down this path or not...

Thanks

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
At this stage i don think any doc has all the answers, especially australia. Your best to find a doc who will work with you and try and do your own research with trial and error treatments etc

ukxmrv

I've not seen him myself but friends in NZ and Australia have seen him.

Depends what you want in a doctor. One friend who currently sees him is undertaking some experimental treatments. If that is what you are after he could be good for you. I don't feel comfortable talking about some of the treatments she is having through him as I am not sure how the authorities in Australia would react. There have been some flack to these Aust doctors over the years about offering experimental treatments.

The friend I know who does see him is doing a couple of things of the type that Dr Cheney would offer. One in particular is a treatment that I am doing and find very useful, so for that reason, if I lived there I would see him. Don't know the costs sorry.

At this stage i don think any doc has all the answers, especially australia. Your best to find a doc who will work with you and try and do your own research with trial and error treatments etc

Well that is what I'm thinking. Do I just go with someone local - who is friendly and willing to give things a go - or do I hunt out Dr Lewis?

The friend I know who does see him is doing a couple of things of the type that Dr Cheney would offer. One in particular is a treatment that I am doing and find very useful, so for that reason, if I lived there I would see him. Don't know the costs sorry.

What is that treatment? And thanks for the post.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Well that is what I'm thinking. Do I just go with someone local - who is friendly and willing to give things a go - or do I hunt out Dr Lewis?
I have heard long waiting lists for Lewis but maybe get in line but in the mean time search out an intergrative doctor to work with and someone u can get an appointment with alot easier then someone like dr lewis, and hopefully they can help u out with basic scripts and tests u need.

ukxmrv

Gratitude, I don't want to name treatments in public here. As I said the Australian authorities have taken action against doctors before and I'd hate to bring any attention down on him.

Is there a local group that you can talk to in your area? If you find out what treatments patients are finding useful then you could make your mind up that way. One concern of mine is that if there is no local "good doctor" then the patients doing best may be going out of state and maybe not participating in local groups.

Sea

There is an Australian ME/CFS forum called Not Crazy. A few of the members are patients of Dr Lewis and would likely answer any questions you have

Gratitude, I don't want to name treatments in public here. As I said the Australian authorities have taken action against doctors before and I'd hate to bring any attention down on him.

Oh I had no idea. I read your first post but it didn't sink in. Why do the authorities take action against doctors? (maybe you have a link or a news story about this?) Is it basically that the drugs prescribed are not considered 'valid' for the treatment of CFS - so authorities take action?

ukxmrv

It's not something that has made the papers as far as I am aware. I'm not comfortable talking about this on a public forum so please don't ask.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Oh I had no idea. I read your first post but it didn't sink in. Why do the authorities take action against doctors? (maybe you have a link or a news story about this?) Is it basically that the drugs prescribed are not considered 'valid' for the treatment of CFS - so authorities take action?

Doctors in most countries take action against ME/CFS doctors. If they are treating us medically rather than psychologically, it costs the government more--tests, medications, office fees etc. That is one reason why we use PMing and chat--google doesn't index them. Also, why we hesitate linking specific doctors to specific treatments.

Sushi