• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pinecone extract

A few days ago I've started taking pine cone extract. It's an immune modulator. In this article dr Cheney recommends it. It shifts the T-cel activity, so it may help the immune system fighting viruses, and reduce allergies:

http://www.ei-resource.org/articles...cheney:-balance-the-immune-system-(th1th2)-/

Here's an article of the npicenter about the extract:

http://www.npicenter.com/anm/templates/newsATemp.aspx?articleid=26391&zoneid=26

It's promising. I couldn't find any information about this on this forum. I'm curious if there are people here who've tried it, and what the results are.
At the moment I'm using isoprinosine and pine cone extract at the same time, but I can't say anything yet; isoprinosine I've taken for only 4 weeks, pine cone extract for a few days. However, it seems I feel a bit better in the hours after I take the pine cone extract.

minimus

I am a Cheney patient. I have been taking pine cone extract (Allera Immune Extra) for about a year. I haven't noticed any real benefit at one capsule a day, the recommended dosage. Cheney recommended it originally based on a presentation he saw showing that it shrank a tumor in a child with cancer. This seemed like anecdotal evidence at best.

As far as I know, he has not tested its benefits through echocardiography, which is usually how he determines whether a supplement should be part of his protocol or not. Inosine, for example, tests very positively on echo and it is a key element of his protocol. Similarly, high-dose hydroxycobalamine, organic dark chocolate (sublingual or "swish and spit", as he likes to say), and alternating artesunate (swallowed) and wormwood (sublingual) are key elements of his protocol. These are all treatments that are used in addition to his cell-signalling factor protocol.

There are other things that he has been using with patients, most of which test positive on echocardiogram, but are not cornerstones of his protocol. These include organic extra virgin olive oil (instead of fish oils, which test negative on echo) and idebenone (instead of CoQ10, which tests negative on echo). He is gradually moving away from recommending many supplements because they test negative on echo. This includes most multi-vitamins.

kolowesi

Katja,

I used it for about a month in 2007. I was on valcyte at the time for CMV, EBV and HHV-6. I had a huge autoimmune reaction, plus my HHV-6 titer went from 1:640 to 1:10,240. I had added Del-Immune V at the same time, but I believe it was the Immune Extra that caused such a big reaction. Don't remember how much I was taking. No more than 2 a day, probably only 1 a day.

If you have a tendency to autoimmune, start slowly, just in case. Do you have high antibody titers to HHV-6?

spindrift

Plays With Voodoo Dollies
minimus, did Cheney actually test the chocolate on the echocardiography?

Not that I could possibly eat anymore chocolate that I already do. :D

Katja,

I used it for about a month in 2007. I was on valcyte at the time for CMV, EBV and HHV-6. I had a huge autoimmune reaction, plus my HHV-6 titer went from 1:640 to 1:10,240. I had added Del-Immune V at the same time, but I believe it was the Immune Extra that caused such a big reaction. Don't remember how much I was taking. No more than 2 a day, probably only 1 a day.

If you have a tendency to autoimmune, start slowly, just in case. Do you have high antibody titers to HHV-6?
Yes I have tendency to autoimmune, that's why I've started taking immune extra: it promised to recover this. So now I'm (even more) confused.
I don't know if I've high antibody titers to HHV-6. I've had ebv, and other herpes virusses.

Has anyone tried the liquid pine cone extract? I'm curious if a liquid extract would be more efficient then a capsule.

I have been on the liquid pinecone extract and it has been working for me. I did a thorough check and it looks like the liquid extract is more potent than the capsule. The liquid extract is taken sub-lingual as opposed to oral and this ended up being the selling point.

I have been on the liquid pinecone extract and it has been working for me. I did a thorough check and it looks like the liquid extract is more potent than the capsule. The liquid extract is taken sub-lingual as opposed to oral and this ended up being the selling point.

So how is it working for you?

I took it for candida and after the first week the whiteness on my tongue was virtually gone.. A few weeks later i started to get my energy back and I have not had any migraines

mrmichaelfreedmen

I took it for candida and after the first week the whiteness on my tongue was virtually gone.. A few weeks later i started to get my energy back and I have not had any migraines

Probably indicates an increase in TH1 activity which is anti-yeast.

Has anyone else experienced benefits with PCE?