• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Waiting for My VIPDx Test Results Poll

I Took the VIP Dx Test.....

• More than six weeks ago and I have gotten my results

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • From five to six ago and I have gotten my results

• From 3-4 weeks ago and I have gotten my results

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Less than 3 weeks ago and I have gotten my results

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • More than six weeks ago and I have not gotten my results

• From five to six ago and I have not gotten my results

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • From 3-4 weeks ago and I have not gotten my results

• Less than 3 weeks ago and I have not gotten my results

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
According to their website VIP Dx began offering XMRV tests on Oct 23rd. This poll asks roughly when you sent your test back. Of course we realize that patients have to see their doctors to get their results and its going to be a slow process. Anyway...

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
some thoughts on "waiting for test results" poll

This is an interesting poll, but I have a few questions.

1. I had my blood drawn in mid-September without knowing what for and then found out it was for XMRV. There has been a delay in getting results back for me and the others who volunteered pre-Science. I don't think it would be helpful for me to mark the poll. What do you think? (We are not being handled the same as people sending back kits.)

2. I'm wondering if you need to put a time limit on people responding. If someone marks that they sent in their blood 6 weeks ago, or 4 weeks ago, and then tomorrow they get their results, won't this complicate the meaning of the poll if the time frame is left open? (There might be a better way to say this but I can't think of it right now.)

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Probably not best for you to take the poll. Its an interesting situation you're in though. It suggests to me that VIP DX/WPI is either still tweaking the test or they're simply overwhelmed with samples and they're taking the paying patients first - which they should.

It could also be that our lack of poll results stems from the fact that not many people have taken the test.

KC22

overwhelmed..

My sister works at a doctor's office and called last week to find out where the rest of their kits were and when they would be arriving. The girl from VIP told her they were swamped. She told her she couldn't even imagine how swamped they are. They had ordered them 3 weeks or so and they weren't even in the computer to be sent yet.

Also, I saw the doctor about 10 days ago, and he said everyone he has tested came back negative. I believe he has tested 3-4, maybe 5.

I am starting to think they may need to tweak the test. Also, I think I may wait until they have an antibody test.

fresh_eyes

happy to be here
Interesting, kc22, thanks for posting. That also makes me lean even more toward waiting until the test is really standardized & all 4 aspects (pcr, culture, antibody and...the other one...:confused:) are in place, as discussed in another thread.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Thanks so much KC! Swamped indeed! So far we have more negatives than positives as well but its still very, very early.

The good news is that several groups in the govt and outside are working (probably furiously) on their own tests. They'll compare their results (at least in the govt. labs) and come up with a standard test. Dr. Coffin said hopefully within six months. That was 6 weeks ago. Competition, as they say, is good!

K

_Kim_

It looks like there is one more positive VIP now in the poll. (66% positive of 6 totaly in culture test)

Now there are 5 positive and 2 negative (by culture) responses in the poll (71.4% positivity)

K

_Kim_

From the 9 of us that voted in this poll, the range of wait times is anywhere from less than 3 weeks to more than 6 weeks. There are 6 of us in the "waiting" pool.

FWIW, my blood was sent in this week and I had to follow up with VIPdx about a credit card error today (my error, that is). I asked how long before I could expect results. I was told two weeks. If that is right, then...my calendar says two weeks = December 25th.

Dear Santa,
I've been a good girl. All I want for Christmas is my XMRV results.

leaves

will take longer

Hi Ladybugmandy

Please don't count on 2-3 weeks, it will take longer. They told me 2 weeks, then they told me the week thereafter, then the week thereafter, etc and they just told me they expect it to be done next week or the week thereafter, so that is 8 weeks, and not 2 (given that this time they are right). Quite possible that things are running more smoothly now, but I just don't want you to get as anxious and disappointed as I got, prepare yourself.