• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

23andMe test on sale 12/11/12

roxie60

Just found out 23andMe has put the test kit on sale for $99. Dont know how long sale lasts. Normally $299. Good luck to all and merry Christmas to those waiting for a discount!! I ordered mine today.

Anteah

I did, seen few people say they are waiting on results too. Will see, I am sure will make some things more clear. I wanted to know for a while what mutations I have.

roxie60

Warning, I just logged onto my 23andme account and noticed they have changed the results expectations from 2-3 weeks to 4-6 weeks. They have had my sample for over a week and it always said 2-3 weeks for analysis to be completed, now without warning or notification they changed it to 4-6 weeks. One of the reasons I went with them vs someone else was their turn around time. I am very frustrated and sad I entrusted my DNA and another family members with these people. I should have considered more seriously the complaints that had been written about them. I understand their new price probably resulted in pent up demand but why not tell newly received sample owners they will have to wait for 4-6 weeks, why tell people that they already have samples from their result time is increasing. I was counting on discussing the results with my Dr in a few weeks.

Very disappointed and frustrated, what is new when trying to get answers......just wanted those who have sent samples in last couple of weeks to know 23andme has changed the expectations. they say they received my sample 12/27/12 (I sent it the 18th, I could have hand delivered it faster ). anyone else notice this change if you already have a sample registered with them? you have to log into your acct and at the top in a box it says date received a "4-6 weeks" for analysis to complete. anyone still say 2-3 weeks?

roxie60

I sent 23andme an email asking why they would change the expectations after they had had my sample for a week (which I then 'assumed' was in process since that is what the web site said). I could understand changing expectations for samples not yet received due to increased demand but why midstream, seems wrong to say one thing and then do something else, a bit misleading .....

Anteah

I agree they should have prefaced their price change announcement with that it will take a bit longer for results, so people are aware. But on a flip side it is still 3 times faster and MUCH cheaper then Yasko test.

roxie60

You are right, still faster than Yasko but I was really wanting to have this info for my next Dr visit but wishing dont make it so. I'll get over it, just very frustrated.

roxie60

I got my results exactly TWELVE DAYS after they received my sample on December 21st.

Thanks, I'm glad you got them in timely manner. I will hold out hope that mine will still arrive in a week or so. They got mine six days after yours. I know the holiday probably delayed it a few days. Have you been able to work through the results yet?

dannybex

I got my results exactly TWELVE DAYS after they received my sample on December 21st.

That is SPEEDY. It took more than 2 months to get my Yasko results back. And of course then it took another six months, if not longer, to figure them out, even with help.

roxie60

Yasko's test it is know up front can take 8-12 weeks. 23andMe was telling people 2-3 week turnaround and just changed that expectation last Friday online without any comment. Details like that bother me, make me think they dont have their act together and my trust in their professionalism is on rocky road. How did not updating the web page to set proper expectations due to expected increase in interest based on lower pricing of service fall through their procedures cracks. Sloppy but I'm cranky this AM. I'll get over it, no choice but my expectations are lowered, silly me, with CFS/FM my expectations should always be lower.....

roxie60

I read through Yasko's recovery document. When I was readin it much made sense or made me think "I need to look into that" but now I remember nothing. So frustrating, got to read it again. This time make notes and write down my questions to research later.

Patrick*

Formerly PWCalvin
I just sent in my vile of spit last week...awaiting results.

Honestly, I have no idea it it will tell me anything worthwhile or useful for the treatment of ME, but I figured it's worth a shot Even if it doesn't help with ME, it's bound to come up with some other interesting information.