• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Seeking opinion on results (BHMT)

Firstly I'd like to thank genetic genie for allowing me to produce this easy to read graph:

UoBZZ.jpg

I'm worried about all the BHMT issues I have, and I do have high homocysteine levels (~18).

Could anyone provide any opinion or ideas of what I should do with these results. Should I be taking B12 L-5-Methylfolate? Reducing protein?

adreno

PR activist
For BHMT (and homocysteine), you will likely improve with TMG (250-1000mg). Low doses of MB12 and MTHF should also help. Perhaps something like 1mg MB12 and 200mcg MTHF. Your genes don't look all that bad, actually.

roxie60

Your genes don't look all that bad, actually.

What would 'bad' genes look like? I thought no matter what your SNPs that your health was dependent on how they are expressed. I have not seen that many results so are you just commenting on the number of polymorphisms compared to normal genes is his results?

roxie60

Firstly I'd like to thank genetic genie for allowing me to produce this easy to read graph:

UoBZZ.jpg

I'm worried about all the BHMT issues I have, and I do have high homocysteine levels (~18).

Could anyone provide any opinion or ideas of what I should do with these results. Should I be taking B12 L-5-Methylfolate? Reducing protein?

Thanks for sharing your results, is high homocysteine your only issue or are there other symps your are dealing with?

Do you know why are there 'white'/empty/blank boxes for some of the SNPS?

adreno

PR activist
What would 'bad' genes look like? I thought no matter what your SNPs that your health was dependent on how they are expressed. I have not seen that many results so are you just commenting on the number of polymorphisms compared to normal genes is his results?
I mean, it doesn't look like Jason has all that many serious mutations.

Thanks for sharing your results, is high homocysteine your only issue or are there other symps your are dealing with?

Do you know why are there 'white'/empty/blank boxes for some of the SNPS?

I have Raynaud's and also positive ANA (autoimmune). I'm sensitive to the sun and get muscle pain occasionally. Generally no other issues or symptoms.